Access webx-tv/stream from outside lan

RKeano

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get access to a dreambox (DM-800hd Cable Enigma2) I have at home. I haven't set it up myself.

Is it possible to watch a stream in another house? Whenever I'm at my friends house it would be nice to be able to watch certain channels they don't have.

Do I need a pc at home to be on and act as a server? I've tried google and here, but just can't seem to be able to find an easy answer.

I've read something like WinDR should work, but is it possible for me to use a pc and access the dreambox at home? I hope I'm not getting myself in too deep here.

Just getting access to the web interface should do the work, no?

Thanks in advance.

Easiest way to do it is to use enigma tv. It's not free but it's cheap and can easily run as a server for wan streaming. I tend to use it to Stream ppv events for friends too lazy to come over and too tight to pay. Works on phones too.

Easiest way to do it is to use enigma tv. It's not free but it's cheap and can easily run as a server for wan streaming. I tend to use it to Stream ppv events for friends too lazy to come over and too tight to pay. Works on phones too.

Thanks, I've just looked into it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but would I need to have a pc in my house connected to the dreambox and register the program on that pc? Also the guy that set-up my dreambox won't give me the user and password. Does this mean I can't use it?

Thanks again!

Thanks, I've just looked into it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but would I need to have a pc in my house connected to the dreambox and register the program on that pc? Also the guy that set-up my dreambox won't give me the user and password. Does this mean I can't use it?

Thanks again!

Yeah a pc is required to run as the server and the user and password is required :(

Oke thanks!

If anyone else has a different solution, please let me know!

Back