Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

7102 chopping timer recordings.

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
I have the TM7102 twin-tuner receiver, set up with two independent feeds. I use the recording feature for "time-shifting" which, up until recently has worked fine. But lately it has been chopping the recordings randomly- sometimes the start is missing, sometimes the end. Quite infuriating if it misses a gritty or 'whodunnit' ending!
It was on the 139p patch, so I updated it to 142p but it's still the same.
I recently fitted a SSD, which worked fine until a couple of weeks ago (I re-formatted that too in desperation!), has anyone else had similar issues, or any idea what could be the cause?

TIA.

Sorry, I meant to say the timer is being set manually, not via the EPG.

All i can think to do is in the recording settings there is a setting to add time before start and end of recording..
i have this problem on sly as well as programs start late or a little early out of sync with epg but the recording still starts at set start time..
In the settings add 5 mins to start and finish of recording see if it helps or add 10 mins its up to you till you get a good balance and you wont miss start or end..

Funnily enough I have started doing that "manually", deliberately setting it to start 15 min's early- that's when I discovered it's chopping the end of too! Grrr! The 'end' time is usually safe 'cos there are so many ad's these days. Sadly this isn't a case of broadcaster timing though. It just randomly loses part of the recording, and only sometimes.
I am going to try a different HDD, see if that helps. It's either that or a 7102-shaped hole in the living room window lol!!

Sodding thing! Tried an old 320GB that has definitely worked OK before and it only recorded the last 12 min's of a 30-min prog. So it's definitely the 7102. I watched it, and the record indicator DID come on at the correct time. The reported file size is What you'd expect for 12 min's.

Factory reset it and load original fw, try that.
I know if using cs wont clear but should be able to record fta etc still.
Then take it from there.

Wow! Great minds think alike? I downloaded from TM last night, will try & see what happens.....

I have just purchased a new 7102hd with internal hard disk and have exactly the same problem. My last technomate (600 combo) never suffered from this. Did you manage to find a solution?

'Fraid not. My "solution" was to dig out an old 5402 M1.

I loaded TM's latest factory f/w, then added last-but-one patch ('cos it definitely worked with that before) and still the same. You can actually see the Rec indicator repeatedly going off & coming on again, but only the last portion is saved. Funnily enough a 5402 was doing the same thing but the next one 'off the pile' worked perfectly.

Shame too, I liked the 7102- it's now impersonating a Hoover- collecting dust!

Wish i would have purchased a different model now!
Went for the 7102 after being satisfied with the 6000. Assumed it would work in the same way.
Seems i have purchased a dyson instead!
Thanks for the reply.

QUOTE=trevortron;2502552]'Fraid not. My "solution" was to dig out an old 5402 M1.

I loaded TM's latest factory f/w, then added last-but-one patch ('cos it definitely worked with that before) and still the same. You can actually see the Rec indicator repeatedly going off & coming on again, but only the last portion is saved. Funnily enough a 5402 was doing the same thing but the next one 'off the pile' worked perfectly.

Shame too, I liked the 7102- it's now impersonating a Hoover- collecting dust![/QUOTE]

Have finally got it recording ok now. Tried almost every phantom patch available. Some resulted in just a black screen being recorded. Others recording the whole programme ok but in multiple 10 second files, others just crashing the box completely.
But phantompatch 101p (nov 2 2010) has everything working smoothly now for me.

Back