5 Things You Should At Least Pretend To Know Today - April 5, 2014

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
1. Stephen Colbert Current Top Choice For Baseless Wishful Speculation Of Potential David Letterman Replacements
According to the Hollywood rumor mill, CBS may be bucking recent trends in late night programming and making a genuinely interesting choice for David Letterman's Late Show seat. Stephen Colbert—the current host of Comedy Central's satirical late night news program The Colbert Report—is supposedly being considered. On the other hand, they could just go with the norm.
Can't we just replace David Letterman with a reflection of our own inner desires?
— Warren Holstein (@WarrenHolstein) April 4, 2014

2. Majority Of Americans Buy Into Myth That Alcohol Is More Dangerous Than Marijuana Simply Because It's True
According to a new Pew study, a large majority of Americans now believe that alcohol is more harmful than marijuana, in terms of both personal and societal health. This may have something to do with it being demonstrably true. Though that's never been much of a factor for Americans in the past.

3. It Appears As Though Adolf Hitler Ended Up Settling Down With A Nice Jewish Girl — His Bubby Would Have Been So Proud
According to a new BBC documentary, Adolf Hitler may have inadvertently married a Jewish woman. Dead Famous DNA claims that strands of hair taken from Eva Braun's brush show that she was partially genetically Ashkenazi Jewish on her mother's side.
You know who else was a fan of The Amazing Race? Hitler.
— Liana Maeby (@lianamaeby) March 31, 2014

4. Paula Deen Turns Out To Be As Great A Boss As She Is A Civil Rights Icon
When celebrity chef Paula Deen decided to close her Savannah, Georgia restaurant Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House last week she made certain that her loyal employees were adequately informed. After it was closed. When the staff showed up for work on Thursday morning, they found locked doors and severance checks waiting for them in the parking lot.
Gwyneth Paltrow and Paula Deen should just lock themselves in a room together and say stuff to one another.
— Amy Ozols (@amyozols) March 28, 2014

5. London Cafe Offers Cat Hookers Who Will Let You Pet Them For Money
Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium in London offers something that paying customers cannot find in other area cafes: a bunch of lovely, sleek and elegant cats that you can pet and cuddle provided you're willing to cough up $8.29 for two hours of feline attention.
I'm an older married chubby lady, so I snort my cocaine off of a cat. Oh who am I kidding, three cats.
— Wendy Molyneux (@WendyMolyneux) April 5, 2014

£2.50 / hour to stroke a pussy. Or three! Pretty good value methinks.....

Back