360 Jtag Tutorial - XBrebooter

A new 'patch'-version of XBReboot has been released for all 16MB NAND motherboards solving the freezing/lagging issues and removing the need to patch XEX files (media check etc).
XBReboot is an image you can flash on your onboard NAND that will allow you to 'reboot' a JTAG-exploitable (~pre-mid-June MFR date, pre 8xxx kernel) 360 in a patched 8955 kernel which makes homebrew XDK (unsigned XEXs etc) possible.

got the new xbr 8955_3 on my xbox running perfect however, i flashed my liteon back to stock reading somewhere that the xbr fw should allow you to run backups from stock dvd drives (since it removes the security checks ??) doesnt seem to work

No.

The XeX checks removed are the signature that detect if a program is originally signed by Microsoft - ie stops homebrew and modified EXE's - this check is removed by XBR.

The check on DVD's is still present (for now)

no probs mate thanks :)

the new xex loader doesnt seem to like my old 4:3 crt tv half screen is missing lol

just wondering out of curiousity (incase someone already knows saves me reflashing my drive twice)

what if i was to put the disc in, it would come up play dvd etc, i ran the game from xexloader via running default.xex

that would work right?

Last edited:
same here,did my mates jasper and theres only half a screen when using any apps,its now developed rrod too

aye if it isnt flashed,a copy would just show as dvd,if you extract the files and put them to disc-it should be smaller-then that should work

and they should all work from hdd

The new xexloader that's on the way will support multiple resolutions :p

The new xexloader that's on the way will support multiple resolutions :p

Im running the version with the high res background as default but have the version with the low res background on my usb harddrive, so i just boot that version from the high res version when im using it in the bedroom, means i can use both!

I'm petrified of a solder iron though was brave enough to buy one of my own from fleabay about a year ago (and still in packaging :)) Always have that panic thought in my head if I touch something wrong or a big blob of solder falls off my shaking hand that I'll make an expensive mistake

I'm feeling a little braver today though lol

I have an old banned 360 from a wave or 2 back that hasn't been used for about 11months so should be doable.

Can anyone give me a list (including links) from maplins or somewhere that I can order online from of all the parts/part numbers that I need to do the job, including best wire types etc to reduce chances of problems.

I don't mind paying for better quality parts, so doesnt have to be the cheapest wire, solder or whatever available.....though I'd much rather pay someone more for their time to solder it on for me safely (with port attatched still for updating myself of course though lol)

cheers

Back