F100 fault on the spiderbox 99000HD

Frank2810

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can help or point me in the right direction. I have a F100 code on the display of my spiderbox 9900Hd receiver. No matter what I try the code stays on the display. I understand this is a fault. Can this be fixed ?. If so how. Or can it be sent off somewhere to be sorted.

Cheers

Frank2810

try loading the firmware with serial cable might work.

Ok here is the recovery tool and software, best of luck with it but not you may have to try several times before you succeed. Also note that the progress bar will not appear straight away allow a couple of minutes for it to show.

Instructions :

1. Switch off STB
2. Run download.exe on PC
3. Select COM port and Press connect button
4. Press "Choose file" and select the attached HD9900_rs232.bin
5. Switch on STB
6. you will see the progress status on PC
7. STB will auto-reboot after finishing the downloading.

set baud rate at 115200 on your com port in device manager

NOTE only for the 9900 NOT the 9000 or 7000.

Attachments

• HD9900_RS232.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 17
I ony have a laptop at home, not a PC. I'm a bit out of it with computers. Do you have to download.exe onto your computer. Which cable do you use to connect the STB to the PC.

First you will need whats called a "null modem" cable, this is a 9pin female to female lead with in internal crossed over connections. Very few lap tops have a 9 pin serial port but have a look on yours. The socket you are looking for will have 9 pins in two rows one 5 pins and the other 4 pins. You can get whats called a "USB to Serial adaptor" and some of these do work BUT your best bet is an old desktop PC with a 232 socket (232 sockets are sometimes called serial or 232 or 010101) any of these wil do as long as it has 9 pins sticking out.
Try and find a friend who has a desktop PC it makes life sooo much easier.
You dont say how old your Spiderbox is but if it's less than a year return it immediately to the dealer you got it from as it will be under guarantee.

Hi Jimi just read your last post thought i may add this windows 7 with all service packs in will automatically pick up and install the usb to rs232 adapter driver and olay you're free to go i have done several boxes using this method with windows 7 my only advice would be to people trying this if u gonna buy a rs232 to USB adapter do not buy a cheap 2.99 one from ebay they will never work i paid a tenner for mine and its got me out of trouble many times.
I actually bought this to run my telescope from my Laptop (yes im an astronomy geek) it just happened to work on my box

Brian

Hi Jimi just read your last post thought i may add this windows 7 with all service packs in will automatically pick up and install the usb to rs232 adapter driver and olay you're free to go i have done several boxes using this method with windows 7 my only advice would be to people trying this if u gonna buy a rs232 to USB adapter do not buy a cheap 2.99 one from ebay they will never work i paid a tenner for mine and its got me out of trouble many times.
I actually bought this to run my telescope from my Laptop (yes im an astronomy geek) it just happened to work on my box

Brian[/QUOTE

To be honest brin the one I now use cost me 69p on Ebay and works a treat on Vista, the only thing is it defaults to com3 so you need to set it to com1.

brin mate , hope u get it sorted i have a spider 9000 and when i see f100 i always think hope it changes to the spider box logo.. it is working ok thanfully!!!

brin mate , hope u get it sorted i have a spider 9000 and when i see f100 i always think hope it changes to the spider box logo.. it is working ok thanfully!!!

Well PLEASE dont worry, when you boot up a 9000 it WILL show F100 for a short time this is NOT a fault just part of the reboot cycle, it's only when the F100 remains on the display for longer than ten seconds that you have a problem and if you have this problem the 9000 normally responds well to the recovery tool.
If it's a 9900 then these are different hardware and anyone with a 9900 showing F100 should first try the recovery tool and if that fails and it's still under a year old then contact the dealer who sold it to them as it will be under guarantee.
It's worth trying the recovery tool a few times as I've had receivers that did not respond at the first attempt but did on the second or third.

Back