Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Petition calling for Gordon Brown to resign

Quote Originally Posted by jaffa View Post
    .even worse that Maggie (imho).

Say what you want about Maggie but she had a pair of swingers that Brown could only have wet dreams about !

Name me a better PM in recent time ? (this should be a laugh).

"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori, sed dulcius pro patria vivere, et dulcissimum pro patria bibere. Ergo, bibamus pro salute patriae"

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, in my view. but Labour did little to change the culture that the Con's(apt name i always thought) brought in. They perpetuated the culture of greed. which is, ultimately, what brought us to this point.

LoL, another Number 10 petition, I love it how people take these seriously.

Here's a idea, if you don't like the elected party...why not vote them out?

He didn't just walk in there by himself.

The voting public of the UK voted THE PARTY in.
    If you didn't use your vote, you have absolutely no right to complain.
    well said! too many complain, not enough vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    And labour never messed it right up in the 70's, the country was almost bankrupt due to them.
    actually not true. the miners strike caused real problems. but at the time miners were paid not much more than road sweepers 25 per week. not really on for one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. (most would agree)

Then the OPEC country's decided, quite rightly, that they wanted paid, properly, for the oil they had. it was a shock, to the business world, to have to pay a fair price for their product. instead of reducing the, enormous profits. they placed the entire increase on the consumer. result, an economic mess. that was only solved when Maggie destroyed our manufacturing infrastructure.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR69 View Post
    Name me a better PM in recent time ?
    How long have you got?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooh party politics.

Let me sharpen my shouty pencil.

No, wait. Its so boring.

Gordon Brown is not the cause of all the countries ills.

Party politics is as vapid as a very light vapid thing in a vacuum.

Nearly all self interested careerists (with a few exceptions), the party in power are always the sleaziest, stupidest, unscrupulous, twats ever known to man, and the other parties are like Christ on a bike zooming in to save country.

Then they change hands, and the roles are reversed, and everything pretty much stays the same.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    And labour never messed it right up in the 70's, the country was almost bankrupt due to them.
    There are some convenient memories out there.
    I remember when Thatcher got in, within months we had 3 million on the dole closeley followed by inflation at 15% and the bank of england interest rate at 8% repossessions were rife and that was without a worldwide recession.
    Iwas a young man then just starting a family, a lot of my friends never recovered.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the 'conservatives' are the culprits for all this country's mess posts.

Instead of fixing/repairing the union situation, they destroyed it by bribing the workers of the time give it up for cheap council houses and big redundancey payouts, making a whole new generation from the mid eighties work with no holiday and sick pay, and frozen capped crap wages creating a even poorer underclass, while house prices and the cost of living soared at a never seen before rate..... class divide, no other explanation.

Single handedly destroyed industry in this country and turned it into a retail nation who only care about shopping and massively over inflated house prices.. didn't see the internet coming which has all but destroyed the british retail industry. Notice that all other major European Country's still have a strong and healthy manufacturing industry? that's because they didn't have such crap governments.

Promoted 'capitalism without a face' so now we live in a hatefull greedy stabby society. Bussines's would rather employ ready trained immagrants for their own quick profit rather than think about the long term health of the nation... or even their own bussiness.

Started destroying the NHS, got as far as eye hospitals and free NHS dentists, yes the fake labour government restored it a little bit, but it's a token gesture. This new term should see the Tory's more or less finish it off. Not in their manifesto ? well killing off NHS dentists wasn't in their 'manifesto' either when they were last in power.

No doubt about it, all the warnings that were ignored at the time have all come true. Thanks Maggie

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its funny how politics always brings in a healthy debate.
    i think most people are angry at the way the banks screwed up but more to the point with the way labour or brown dealt with it.
    a few weeks ago i was tempted to boot my telly screen in when i heard that tosser peter mandleson say "its time we got off the bankers backs"
    is this guy serious?? i think it demonstrates how out of touch our current party in power really is.

i remember leaving school in the eighties and how grim it was under thatcher rule. i think everyone would agree that reform was required when she came to power but it didnt have to be so extreme.
    the left wing militant unions had too much power!!
    if they ran out of toilet roll, a strike would be called for.
    and remember the miners strike?
    the unions were so arrogant that they didnt even put it to a ballot..
    public spending went through the roof as did the subsidy spending and p*** poor management.

the end result was to cut everything to the bone and strip us of all our rights.
    it was only when the nhs came under threat that we finally said enough, and booted the tories out. so we know from previous experience what lies ahead if the tories get in. "i dont trust them and never will"

david cameron bangs on about how bad things are but i dont see him coming up with any bright ideas. i think the tories may edge it in the next election due to frustration and the lack of direction from this government. plus younger voters who have never lived under tory rule may be tempted to vote for them. all i can say then is "god help us".

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoppy54 View Post
    ........younger voters who have never lived under tory rule may be tempted to vote for them. all i can say then is "god help us".
    Amen to that! Unfortunately a lot of people of voting age are too young to remember the horrors of the last Tory administration.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last