any idear on this please the dish is i.2 regards simon

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 26
  • spiderbox 6000 008.JPG
    spiderbox 6000 008.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 21
Any idea on this please the dish is i.2 regards simon the wind is blowing the dish a bit and was wandering if I could use some sort of metal cable and a tensioner to titen the metal cable what do u guys think

Last edited by a moderator:
Which metal cable do you want to tighten?

Will you still be using the motorised function?

yes I will still be using the motorised dish I want to titen the pool with metal wire its the pool that's moving hence sise of the dish so high up

By "pool" do you mean pole?

EDIT. If so, I am sure that teh pole can be lowered. Seems there is enough space for clearance. One of the seasoned installers will confirm.

Last edited:
yes I will still be using the motorised dish I want to titen the pool with metal wire its the pool that's moving hence sise of the dish so high up

looking at the picture the t&k are in the optimum place to prevent wobble..

however with any that size you will get some movement and flex.. even if you were to brace the pool (Pole) to the chimney you would still experience some movement.

what trouble are you having alignment or is the actual dish rotating around the pole ?

no like u say im just have some movment like u say its a 2 inch pole I might try a 3 inch pool regards simon

I read the title of this thread and immediately thought it had some thing to do with Mr Bond's arch nemesis's Blofeld's Brother :proud:

no like u say im just have some movment like u say its a 2 inch pole I might try a 3 inch pool regards simon
how is the movement affrecting your signal ?

and using a longer pole wont help at all as will be more flex..

im going to use the same length of pole but 3 inch instead of 2 inch

how is the movement affrecting your signal ?

and using a longer pole wont help at all as will be more flex..

Using Tronic-Translate to decipher Simonese, I think he means a thicker pole, which might be a bit more rigid. Mind you, it's a brave man putting a dish that size on a brick chimney stack.
But of course it all depends on where the wobble is- I can't see the polar mount from the pic's, but I've seen some pretty shoddy ones- I've even seen a very expensive Gibertini 1.6 offset that came with the flimsy-est effort attached to it. Then again, it could be a worn jack... more bravery required to sit up beside it during the next force 8! Don't forget the safety harness :grayno:

its on the side of the house wall mate

thicker pole may help but with a dish that size mounted to just a pole your always gonna have some form of movement be it pole flex or dish rotation due to the mounts

Oh yes, so it is- just seen it on a bigger screen lol. As @neorage says you'll always get some movement, the trick is how to reduce it to as little as possible. A couple of bars, one to either side of the chimney (thus forming a triangle as viewed from above) would certainly help, and probably cheaper than replacing the pole.

its on the side of the house wall mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine in is the back garden on the ground well out of the wind and I suffer very little movement.

Back