Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Connecting DVR to wireless router/DVR

Hi Peeps,

At work I had a dvr (AData) with 5 cameras installed, the technician who I bought the kit off connected the dvr to my wireless router and downloaded an app on my iphone, i was then able to view live footage from my i phone.

I now changed my internet provider at work and now i am unable to view any footage either on my iphone or the pc.

Contacted the technician and he has quoted me 40 to update the dvr/router with the new settings.

Was thinking if there is a manual out there which I can use and have a go at doing it myself?....cant afford to pay the fella 40.

Any help will be much appreciated.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Connecting DVR to wireless router/DVR

I would connect it via cable and use a browser on a pc to goto into the admin side and setup the IP address. If you.ve recently changes router it may be on a different subnet IE old router 192.160.0.1, new router 192.168.1.1. If the IP is fixed in the DVR then it could be trying to connect but can't. Also with a new router you will have a different password for the wireless so again the DVR cannot connect.

You might have to go into your router's page to find out what IP address the DVR has been given.

Once you've setup the IP and wireless password in the admin side of the DVR by wired connection then the wireless should work.

If you can't get into it there may be a factory reset button, that should change the settings so that it uses DHCP to get an IP.

At least that how I set my Swann DVR up. And if yours is like mine it will only use bloody internet explorer (or like I do and use firefox with the IE Tab addon) because the web server in it uses active-x to display the 8 CCTV cameras.
    Last edited by Captin; 27th April 2012 at 17:25.
    "Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will probably just be a port forwarding issue. Just log in to your router and check the settings.
    TM500Super (iQ 31/08/2011) | TM800HD (DWiQ 16/07/11) | TM TWIN OE (OpenViX 3.0.665) | VU+ Duo (OpenViX 3.0.665) | Amiko Alien2 (Triple Tuner) www.PlaySomeGames.co.uk | www.NoSystemSounds.com

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as the other two have said, you will need a static ip address to the dvr and then portforward to that ip address, how are you connecting from the net ?
    is it from a ip address ( which would have now changed) or from dns?

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotter View Post
    Hi Peeps,

At work I had a dvr (AData) with 5 cameras installed, the technician who I bought the kit off connected the dvr to my wireless router and downloaded an app on my iphone, i was then able to view live footage from my i phone.

I now changed my internet provider at work and now i am unable to view any footage either on my iphone or the pc.

Contacted the technician and he has quoted me 40 to update the dvr/router with the new settings.

Was thinking if there is a manual out there which I can use and have a go at doing it myself?....cant afford to pay the fella 40.

Any help will be much appreciated.
    did you get it sorted shotter ??

User Tag List