What do u think cuz im not happy with them???

Would you use any of these logo designs?

• Total voters

MOAMB

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK i have PAID for a company to design me a logo for the hog roast business me and the mrs are setting up but so far i'm far from impressed. Maybe I'm just expecting to much????

I have paid £96 for a company to design me the following designs and i'm still not liking them.

Have a look and let me know what you think.

These 3 designs were their own ideas:

NewPicture-2.jpg NewPicture2.jpg NewPicture1-1.jpg

Then i asked for a pig design and they come up with:

NewPicture5.jpg NewPicture6.jpg

but then i asked them to basically copy this picture:

logoIdea.jpg

and they come up with these:

NewPicture4.jpg NewPicture3.jpg

OK please let me know what you think of these and would you use any of them and be happy u paid almost £100 for them?

Cheers

Last edited:
Either of the last two are good m8,
But you probably would have got somebody on here to do it for a lot less :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

i would.. but i am easily pleased...... lol

as spectre says they do look a bit manic lol.....

they just need softening up abit

The first five look like the "designer" has used a stock logo design package and just edited the text areas :(
The last 2 that are based on the design that you provided are not too bad, but the typeface just doesn't look right.

The only logo design experience I've had is for my own home brew, it's only seen by friends and family.
Here's my brewery logo (aka my shed)
image.png

and here's my favourite label for my homebrew
buttermilk1.jpg

Both were done using Gimp, inkscape and loads of internet tutorials. The she-devil was found online as a vinyl design , and I added the colours to make it stand out.

If I can design these and I am artistically challenged, then your "designer" should be able to do better.

Paddair's designs are way better than the professional ones, which just look tired and boring tbh.

I've just realised why the pig looked murderous. They drew them holding the knives the wrong way (blades towards the little finger end, well, if pigs had one).

Although it might be some sort of infringement I'd try extracting the features using Photoshop and play around. I might have a go tomorrow evening.

They made the pig look a bit manic...

The first five look like the "designer" has used a stock logo design package and just edited the text areas :(
The last 2 that are based on the design that you provided are not too bad, but the typeface just doesn't look right.

The only logo design experience I've had is for my own home brew, it's only seen by friends and family.
Here's my brewery logo (aka my shed)
image.png

and here's my favourite label for my homebrew
buttermilk1.jpg

Both were done using Gimp, inkscape and loads of internet tutorials. The she-devil was found online as a vinyl design , and I added the colours to make it stand out.

If I can design these and I am artistically challenged, then your "designer" should be able to do better.

Yes i agree the pig does look a bit crazed to say the least and not as fun looking as the one i sent which is off a halloween costume website and then i added the chef's hat with photoshop.

I've just realised why the pig looked murderous. They drew them holding the knives the wrong way (blades towards the little finger end, well, if pigs had one).

Although it might be some sort of infringement I'd try extracting the features using Photoshop and play around. I might have a go tomorrow evening.

Thanks mate would appreciate it if you could have a play around with it. Its not really an infringement as they say i own the logos

I just did a quick search for "hog roast logo" images on google, there's loads of great logos, eg
HogsBreath-logo.jpg

from The Hogs Breath logo design | Emily Trotter Illustration
you'd have thought the "designer" would have checked out what the competition looked like ;)

I like this logo and wish i had emailed her first as she looks like she has a good idea on cartoon type drawings. I think ill email here anyway and see what she charges.

I know there are lots of talented people on here and Snapman has done me 2 great logo's in the past but just feel cheeky sometimes asking.

I'm not sure what to do about the logo designers. I paid on my credit card so i'm wondering if i can ask the credit card company to issue me with a refund as i don't believe they have given me anything to work with?

Unless a very specific brief is taken, design jobs can always become a bone of contention. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. A professional should always give you a rough mock up and full breakdown for your approval before finalising any artwork - likewise however, if you just tell somebody you want "something with a pig in it", then you can't expect them to knock off logo after logo until you see something you like. I've got to be honest, they're all ok for small business logos as long as they don't breach any trademarks. If you go down the route again then don't forget to ask questions of how the process and approval will work so you know exactly where you stand... saying that, as others have said, it's always worth asking on here first :)

Sorry but the first few ideas look like they had been designed by a child.The bottom two are ok but I think your best route is what paddair suggested. That's just my opinion mate. You really need something that is going to stand out and sell your product/business and those do nothing for me sorry. :(

First lot do look a little basic and the Pig looks positively murderous.

Personally I think the name may well also be a deciding factor because this generally compliments the logo, so something like "Piggin Out" may fit better into the context (of the drug enthused serial killer pig). I will try to have a look later in Photoshop (time pending)

I've redrawn the last one in Illustrator and zipped up various rasterized sizes and formats, and also the original ai which is vector so you'll be able to rescale for other uses or pass off to the printers if you need to, should it be any use to you. If it's any good and you want something tweaked just give me a buzz

DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHMENT, NOT THE IMAGE

fylpngmediumtransp.png

fyl.ai
fyl-gif-large (transp).gif
fyl-gif-large.gif
fyl-gif-medium (transp).gif
fyl-gif-medium.gif
fyl-gif-small (transp).gif
fyl-gif-small.gif
fyl-jpeg-large.jpg
fyl-jpeg-medium.jpg
fyl-jpeg-small.jpg
fyl-pdf.pdf
fyl-png-large (transp).png
fyl-png-large.png
fyl-png-medium (transp).png
fyl-png-medium.png
fyl-png-small (transp).png
fyl-png-small.png​

Attachments

• moamb-fyl.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
looks like the new dw logo at the top came from the same place MOAMB :Laugh:

only joking :)

OK i have PAID for a company to design me a logo for the hog roast business me and the mrs are setting up but so far i'm far from impressed. Maybe I'm just expecting to much????

I have paid £96 for a company to design me the following designs and i'm still not liking them.

Have a look and let me know what you think.

These 3 designs were their own ideas:

View attachment 68638 View attachment 68639 View attachment 68640

Then i asked for a pig design and they come up with:

View attachment 68641 View attachment 68642

but then i asked them to basically copy this picture:

View attachment 68643

and they come up with these:

View attachment 68644 View attachment 68645

OK please let me know what you think of these and would you use any of them and be happy u paid almost £100 for them?

Cheers

I'd neither use, nor pay for, any of them.
though, to be fair, they have made a good stab in the last two.

i cant help thinking it the "tag line" thats the biggest problem.
yule is associated with Christmas, for most of us.
without a Christmas theme, it just doesn't "gel".

now if you put a Santa hat, on the pig.
replace the knives with a knife and fork.
and say a Christmas bauble in the pigs mouth.

I've never tried drawing an anthropomorphic pig before. It's harder than it sounds. So is using Illustrator...

Give me a shout if you want it finished off :D.

Attachments

• Piggy Attempt 1.JPG
    Piggy Attempt 1.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 12
Back