Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1
    Pimpur Crack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    299
    DW Cash
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    20
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Image For clone DM800 SE With SIM 2.10 (boot 84a) Please ?

    Hi,

    I have just received my dreambox DM800SE (inc. internal WiFi) from one of the Chinese suppliers and have it up and running OK.

    On bootup the dm800se cycles through the "Sunray" background on screen with some Chinese text now and again. Once booted up the dm800se defaults to the English language configuration and is running on the original shipped image. I have scanned in a couple of single transponders and the dm800se seems to be OK.

    I would like to replace the original shipped dm800se dreambox image with a better image in order to remove any remnants of the Chinese text characters and to be able to use any additional features offered by an image from one of the mainstream support groups.

    Would anyone please be able to recommend me a good image for a clone Dreambox DM800SE and confirm what the recommended process is for flashing the image onto a clone Dreambox dm800se? The SIM version is SIM 2.1 (bootlaoder 84a) so I am not sure if I need to update the bootloader before I flash the image?

    As I have SIM 2.1 (bootloader 84a), do I flash the image directly to the dreambox dm800se box using DreamUp and a null modem cable or can I use the online flashing process using the IP address of the receiver?


    Any help most appreciated as I do not want to brick the dreambox dm800se due to not following the correct procedure.


    Cdmt
    Pimpi


    Last edited by Mick; 16th February 2013 at 08:05. Reason: Seo seo rank higher
    Follow your spirit, and upon this charge cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

  2. #2
    wiz569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    10,702
    DW Cash
    553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    44
    Uploads
    50
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Image For clone DM800 SE With SIM 2.10 (boot 84a) Please ?

    The best way to flash is through the web browser,
    turn off from the back,
    hold power button in and switch back on,
    keep holding button til you see **STOP** in the oled screen,
    it will then display an ip address,put this ip address into your browser and the web flash page will load,
    scroll down to firmware upgrade and then browse to your img file,

    As for images it depends on what you want really,you cant go wrong with either the DW image or the DBUK image tbh,

    the DW image contains the patched bootloader so you can just flash it and let it reboot (put a tick in the reboot box on web flash page)

    with the DBUK one you will need to flash the bootloader straight after flashing the image BUT before you reboot (no tick in box ),just open another tab with the web flash page loaded and once both image and bootloader are flashed then you can manually reboot

  3. #3
    Pimpur Crack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    299
    DW Cash
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    20
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Image For clone DM800 SE With SIM 2.10 (boot 84a) Please ?

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz569 View Post
    The best way to flash is through the web browser,
    turn off from the back,
    hold power button in and switch back on,
    keep holding button til you see **STOP** in the oled screen,
    it will then display an ip address,put this ip address into your browser and the web flash page will load,
    scroll down to firmware upgrade and then browse to your img file,

    As for images it depends on what you want really,you cant go wrong with either the DW image or the DBUK image tbh,

    the DW image contains the patched bootloader so you can just flash it and let it reboot (put a tick in the reboot box on web flash page)

    with the DBUK one you will need to flash the bootloader straight after flashing the image BUT before you reboot (no tick in box ),just open another tab with the web flash page loaded and once both image and bootloader are flashed then you can manually reboot
    Thanks for the info.

    To confirm a couple of points:

    1. Does the bootloader always need to be flashed after an image flash? I thought that the bootloader (84a or 84b) was flashed first followed by the image flash or have I got it wrong?

    2. If I have bootloader 84b already in the DM800 SE and I wish to update the image, can I just flash with a new image or do I need to flash the bootloader again?


    Cdmt
    Pimpi
    Follow your spirit, and upon this charge cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

  4. #4
    wiz569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    10,702
    DW Cash
    553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    44
    Uploads
    50
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Image For clone DM800 SE With SIM 2.10 (boot 84a) Please ?

    As I said if the image is prepatched for sim2.10 then you dont need to flash the bootloader after,if its not prepatched then you do

    You only need to flash the bootloader first if your bootloader version is less then the one in the image

  5. #5
    Pimpur Crack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    299
    DW Cash
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    20
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Image For clone DM800 SE With SIM 2.10 (boot 84a) Please ?

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz569 View Post
    As I said if the image is prepatched for sim2.10 then you dont need to flash the bootloader after,if its not prepatched then you do

    You only need to flash the bootloader first if your bootloader version is less then the one in the image
    Ah, OK, got it now.

    I have managed to flash the box with bootloader 84b from the previous version of 84a and then flashed the DW image and it is all running OK.

    Many thanks for your help.


    Cdmt
    Pimpi
    Follow your spirit, and upon this charge cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    808
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Image For clone DM800 SE With SIM 2.10 (boot 84a) Please ?

    I feel I will be following suite, but just wanted to thank Wiz/pimp for the info

    I think the DW image sounds easiest and contains it all so will use that one with my dreambox 800se

    just one question do I need a usb flash drive or will it access the image from my pc via network ?

  7. #7
    lorrebreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,654
    DW Cash
    228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    19
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Image For clone DM800 SE With SIM 2.10 (boot 84a) Please ?

    When flashing through the browser just point it to the image stored on your pc.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    808
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Image For clone DM800 SE With SIM 2.10 (boot 84a) Please ?

    thx good to know DHL van turned up and delivered and just typical cos time to leave for work

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Image For clone DM800 SE With SIM 2.10 (boot 84a) Please ?

    Hi
    After regards, I'm new to this forum and also new setup boxes
    I have same Dreambox 800se HD built in wifi sunray4 sim 2.10
    Bought from china it's work fine initially with everything get all the channel but unfortunately did some thing wrong during the tour I just went in blackhol don't some unknown software upgrade since i didn't know about anything and didn't make the system backup than I'm only getting the FTA channels I can't get the encrypted channels I'd restore to factory setting and upload the bouquet scan the channels install the CCcam put the same Clines like before but it's not working only can watch FTA cannels
    Can please anyone tell me what to do any user friendly images and how to sort the CCcam or any other settings
    And please when you refer any image or setting give the link to get these images and software and how instal them
    Please help me some kind of tutorial thanks
    Many thanks in advance
    Sam

  10. #10
    rodboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    falkirk
    Posts
    1,398
    DW Cash
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    26
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Image For clone DM800 SE With SIM 2.10 (boot 84a) Please ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam7786 View Post
    Hi
    After regards, I'm new to this forum and also new setup boxes
    I have same Dreambox 800se HD built in wifi sunray4 sim 2.10
    Bought from china it's work fine initially with everything get all the channel but unfortunately did some thing wrong during the tour I just went in blackhol don't some unknown software upgrade since i didn't know about anything and didn't make the system backup than I'm only getting the FTA channels I can't get the encrypted channels I'd restore to factory setting and upload the bouquet scan the channels install the CCcam put the same Clines like before but it's not working only can watch FTA cannels
    Can please anyone tell me what to do any user friendly images and how to sort the CCcam or any other settings
    And please when you refer any image or setting give the link to get these images and software and how instal them
    Please help me some kind of tutorial thanks
    Many thanks in advance
    Sam
    Make sure your box is connected to your network, either hard wired or over wifi.
    You say you have CCcam installed and your clines restored, make sure to turn CCcam on!!!

    Good luck



Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Best Image for DM500s Clone
    By faisalpandu in forum Dreambox Receiver Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25th January 2013, 19:31
  2. [DM800HD] Best image for DM 800-S HD Clone/Boot 82/Sim 2.0.1
    By B2K420 in forum Dreambox DM800HD Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 15th February 2012, 18:02
  3. Best image for DM800
    By cric2k in forum Dreambox Receiver Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 16th June 2010, 10:54
  4. Best Image for DM500S (Clone)
    By MKDons73 in forum Dreambox Receiver Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22nd March 2010, 16:09
  5. Best Image for DM500 (Clone)
    By Malcolm-X in forum Dreambox Receiver Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 17th March 2010, 01:29

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in