Thread: BRICKED Sunray 800HD SE

Forum: Dreambox DM800HD Support

Hi All. Initially may I say a warm welcome to all of you as this is my first posting on this forum. I have been following all the posting with great interest about the Sunray clone over the last few months. On that note, I would like to say a big “thank you” to gsmtech as it was his initial posting about his reviews of the Sunray 800HD SE which got me motivated to purchase one direct from China. Having placed the order on Friday I received it the following Wednesday. A great piece of kit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Inactive User
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation BRICKED Sunray 800HD SE

Hi All.

Initially may I say a warm welcome to all of you as this is my first posting on this forum. I have been following all the posting with great interest about the Sunray clone over the last few months. On that note, I would like to say a big “thank you” to gsmtech as it was his initial posting about his reviews of the Sunray 800HD SE which got me motivated to purchase one direct from China. Having placed the order on Friday I received it the following Wednesday. A great piece of kit arrived and when it was working had a fantastic picture and sound. Yep, her indoors was best pleased with me and my endeavors spending our hard-earned cash on something from China.

However – Being rather new to all this, and like an idiot, I was going through all the downloads available and when it said, “upgrade” I thought why not, after all what could possibly happen!

Those that are reading this and are a lot cleverer than me will already know how this delightful tale ends. I now have nothing but R01: NO CA FOUND on my LCD display and that’s it. I presume all is not lost but now the million-dollar question – In very basic idiot non computer literate language – could some kind soul please guide me through on how to get this neat piece of kit up and running again.

If it’s any help I have the version 4 unit with the USB on the front and the flash up button on the back. I would be grateful if someone could shed some light my way before her indoors gets on the soapbox again!

Thanks in advance.
    Regards.

Last edited by VoltMan; 27th October 2011 at 15:21.

VIP Member
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: BRICKED Sunray 800HD SE

Look in the downlaods section and obtain the Clone Dm800SE recovery pack. You need a Mini-USB cable and SunRay flashup.

- Connect the USB, Ethernet cable to router, and BEFORE switching on box start SunRay flashUP. Hit connect. It should in remote IP address field show you an IP address.

- Open a web browser on your PC and navigate to the IP address shown in FlashUP. You will presented with the Bootlaoder flash page allowing you to flash the image.

- At this stage again, look in dowloads and pick a image WHICH already has SSL Bootloader 84a integrated. Flash this image from the browser then reload the box.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

post states its the version 4 unit with the full USB on the front and the flash up button on the back. dont think there is software out yet to utilize the flashup button on the back of the box. if you dont have a mini-usb cable, can also try just attaching Ethernet cable to dhcp router then while pressing power button on front of box, turn power switch on at back of box. oled should stop and dispaly the box's dhcp ip address to type into web browser to access web interface and flash image from there.
    Last edited by LraiZer; 27th October 2011 at 20:50.

Inactive User
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All.

Thanks very much for responding to my post. Having received your reply and being pointed in the right direction for the required downloads I am currently intalling ramiMAHER+blackhole-dm800se.nfi. I really appreciated the laymen’s terms for the instructions as being ‘new’ to the Dreambox environment some of the techno lingo within a lot of these posting is well beyond me.

I did have initial teething problem getting my computer to talk to the box – windows kept asking me if I wanted to check for software for the DM800HDSE. I wasn’t sure if this was a good thing so I aired on the side of caution and said no. Out of frustration and 3hrs later, I ticked yes, it added a coms port to the list, and then it all seemed to work fine with the mini USB connection.

Currently I get these messages in the sim4 500HD 800SE 800 V1.3.3.7 Sunray DreamUP:

14:22:40 box type: DM800SE
    14:23:57 Calculating checksum...
    14:23:58 Uploading file to box...
    14:35:08 box is flashing from its memory...

I dare not disconnect the box but is been flashing from its memory for a rather long time. How long should this take?

Thanks again for the assistance.
    Regards.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VoltMan View Post
    Hi All.

Thanks very much for responding to my post. Having received your reply and being pointed in the right direction for the required downloads I am currently intalling ramiMAHER+blackhole-dm800se.nfi. I really appreciated the laymen’s terms for the instructions as being ‘new’ to the Dreambox environment some of the techno lingo within a lot of these posting is well beyond me.

I did have initial teething problem getting my computer to talk to the box – windows kept asking me if I wanted to check for software for the DM800HDSE. I wasn’t sure if this was a good thing so I aired on the side of caution and said no. Out of frustration and 3hrs later, I ticked yes, it added a coms port to the list, and then it all seemed to work fine with the mini USB connection.

Currently I get these messages in the sim4 500HD 800SE 800 V1.3.3.7 Sunray DreamUP:

14:22:40 box type: DM800SE
    14:23:57 Calculating checksum...
    14:23:58 Uploading file to box...
    14:35:08 box is flashing from its memory...

I dare not disconnect the box but is been flashing from its memory for a rather long time. How long should this take?

Thanks again for the assistance.
    Regards.
    If its only flashing from the com port and not the ethernet lead as well then it can take upto an hour and a half m8

Inactive User
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wiz569 View Post
    If its only flashing from the com port and not the ethernet lead as well then it can take upto an hour and a half m8
    Fantastic – Thanks for that. I’ll leave it alone and go and have a cupa before I do something I’ll regret!
    I did try to utilize the earthnet connection but couldn’t figure out how to get the IP address from the box so everything would talk to each other. Even when I followed the above procedure of holding in the front power button etc, nothing was displayed. Still, as long as the mini USB is doing its thing then all is well.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Regards.

DW Honored Member
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any luck? This thread is like east enders lol

Inactive User
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pillhead View Post
    any luck? This thread is like east enders lol
    Hi again.
    Well East Enders it is!

Having been rather pleased with one’s self and blabbing to her indoors about how clever I was – The “box” is still flashing from its memory 5½hrs later. Now obviously I’m no expert, but I thinks there be something wrong Captain!

I presume I won’t do any harm by unplugging, turning off and starting from the scratch? Currently I am in two minds about drop kicking it out the window.

I can’t believe it is this difficult to get to watch TV!

Thanks (again)

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VoltMan View Post
    Hi again.
    Well East Enders it is!

Having been rather pleased with one’s self and blabbing to her indoors about how clever I was – The “box” is still flashing from its memory 5½hrs later. Now obviously I’m no expert, but I thinks there be something wrong Captain!

I presume I won’t do any harm by unplugging, turning off and starting from the scratch? Currently I am in two minds about drop kicking it out the window.

I can’t believe it is this difficult to get to watch TV!

Thanks (again)
    lol 5 1/2 hours is a bit too long alright m8,
    start again but first try getting the ip addy again by holding in the button while booting up the box,just watch the oled screen and as soon as it says stop let go and there should be an ip addy there,

if not retry the com port way again

Inactive User
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They say a picture is worth a thousand words - I can see this thing ending up on Ebay!

-step-1-jpg-result-2-jpg-step-3-jpg-step-4-jpg-result-1-jpg-result-2-jpg

I might call it a day with this thing as I have wasted nearly a day with it and am no further forward - or wiser!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List