Vu+ Solo2 dead

Taskolle

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello. first post on this forum.

I have a Vu+ Solo2 Clone, my gf accidently upgraded the software from the menu, got HW error and then reboot and then DEAD. The only thing that is happends when i plug in the powercord is that the touch led is lighting up a little bit.
Is there any fix for this?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have tried that and it says complet, but the box is still dead

what is the name of the Chip? Lonrisun i know, but what else? What chip is fitting?

Get a new Toshiba or Samsung chip .Aliex will help .

Hello, as for me I managed to download a firmware via update.exe from vuplus-hd but got the message "MCU Can't connect to the flash" when I connect with hypertherminal. Does it means the flash has to be changed ? What happened ? The timebomb just erased, or did something else, too ?

Sounds like its been bricked, you will need to replace the flash chip

Its defo bricked, same thing happened to me.
I had to buy a new flash chip from Ali Express for 6 euro.[
I got a local gut to replace it for 35 euro, and its back to life again.
Its a pain in the arse stripping the board out, but you'll re-assemble it in a few minutes.
Good luck...

Suttsy.

QUOTE=leith;2499788]i have a similar problem but i can just press the power button , but nothing happen , tried to flash via usb but nothing happen also[/QUOTE]

Hello,

Good news, I have a order a virgin flash chip and some solder paste.
I hope I will be able to download the boot loader once the new chip will be in place.

I already tried to unsolder a DDR memory chip, to try it before doing it on the real box.
Seams like the critical point is removing the old solder paste, because, for unsoldering, it is easy once you use the air gun.

Good luck

Its defo bricked, same thing happened to me.
I had to buy a new flash chip from Ali Express for 6 euro.[
I got a local gut to replace it for 35 euro, and its back to life again.
Its a pain in the arse stripping the board out, but you'll re-assemble it in a few minutes.
Good luck...

Suttsy.

QUOTE=leith;2499788]i have a similar problem but i can just press the power button , but nothing happen , tried to flash via usb but nothing happen also
[/QUOTE]

Back