Where to enter cline for VU+

How would I do that?

When I installed the CCAM it asked me to either download the version 2.1.3 or the 2.1.4

I went for the OS cam 0.99.4 CCAM 2.1.3.

When I go to the Softcam setup it says

Active CAM:L cccam2_1_3
ACTIVE CAM INFO:
system FTA
caid
providr
provid
pid
using

Why is this still showing FTA?

How do I activate the CCAM? Have i done it properly?

How would I do that?

When I installed the CCAM it asked me to either download the version 2.1.3 or the 2.1.4

I went for the OS cam 0.99.4 CCAM 2.1.3.

When I go to the Softcam setup it says

Active CAM:L cccam2_1_3
ACTIVE CAM INFO:
system FTA
caid
providr
provid
pid
using

Why is this still showing FTA?

How do I activate the CCAM? Have i done it properly?

I always just use the 2.14 cccam

ok

I tried that too what im doing is as folows:

I go to MENU > SEtup > SOFTCAM/CI and then softcam setup where I can see the CCAM I downloaded and then I select it and then it takes me back to the menu (so imp resuming thats been opened)

Now I transfered a file called "cccam.cfg" with a test cline in it into the etc folder

I go to S*Y channels but nothing displays it is just black screen

Can someone kindly provide me a Test Line which I can use to test ? It might be that the server is down for the person who gave this to me to test?

Thanks

you have pm
Have a google for this: CCcam Config Editor Software. fourth page down in google. Very handy little program for adding cline

ok guys
its up and running now the file name was incorrect...can someone tell me how I can go about FTP'ing the .cfg file in a remote location? I used filezilla to do it internally but how would i do this externally?

ok guys
its up and running now the file name was incorrect...can someone tell me how I can go about FTP'ing the .cfg file in a remote location? I used filezilla to do it internally but how would i do this externally?

How do you mean? Save it some where for another time is it?

just copy and paste to a folder on your computer.

How do you mean? Save it some where for another time is it?

hi what i mean is per below.

If I am in my 2nd property and then I want to edit my cfg file in my box sitting in my first property how WOuld I go about doing this?

I take it i caan use filezilla but what would the hostname, password, username port number etc be?

hostname is the ip address of your 2nd address or dyndns account details. Password & username are the ones used for your receiver (depends on make/model/image etc). Port number is 21 if you are using ftp. You will also need to have port-forward set up in the router at your second address, so that port 21 is allowed through your firewall. It is also a security risk to have port 21 open all the time, as other from outside your home can access your internal lan.

hostname is the ip address of your 2nd address or dyndns account details. Password & username are the ones used for your receiver (depends on make/model/image etc). Port number is 21 if you are using ftp. You will also need to have port-forward set up in the router at your second address, so that port 21 is allowed through your firewall. It is also a security risk to have port 21 open all the time, as other from outside your home can access your internal lan.

Thanks Pinkhelmets. Ive read up on the portforwarding website also but struggling on how to properly configure my router to allow port 21 connections to be active???

I know this depends on model of router but can you tell me generally how I do this?

You need DCCE2 for the VU+Duo. If you sellect connect it sholud find your computers IP address then you need to enter your IP addresses for the receiver, and the router or you can search for these with DCCE2, then select connect and you should get all green lines to show all are connected. Now you have to select Telnet tab and in the dos prompt type in "passwd" it will ask you to enter a new password enter it and enter it will ask you to confirm enter it again and enter thats it you password will be entered. go back to the top tab configuration tab/network. out your password in there press connect again and when you get all green lines select FTP and it should let you in.

sorry mate i dont understand what you mean...can you explain in a little more detail

right m8 install this first of all,

then change language to english, then the right handside window put your box ip in there and on the left handside where user and pass are it is root and pass is leave blank, unless you have changed it then click connect, then post back you have done this

Hey Digi,

Did you get it up and running? if so did you take notes??

Well i guess it’s more a lack of knowledge than a problem! Been reading forums like crazy now kinda understand the theory but lack the practical. I’ve got it imaged and setup so i get like a million bbc/itv/c4/five channels. But I’d like to get the HD ones and the other freeview ones before i even think about the advanced level stuff. I’m thinking it’s because its scanned the satellite which just has these channels rather than the main one. Although i did scan the astra 28.2 and it found the normal sly channels i can’t actually see them listed anywhere. I think i need to delete the astra 19 ones first to show up the other ones?

The best ftp prog I found for this transfer is Dreambox-CCcamconfig-Editor

I didn't scan the sats mate. All i did was put an image on, then use dreamboxedit to ftp the attached bouquet to the vu and thats it . All the channels you'll need

cheers got the standard channels now just need to work out how the get the others :D

Back