zone alarm blocks network access - HOME network

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
chaps,

Got me pc here thats connected to the net direct
zone alarm installed

got a lap top that sits behind a router in the sitting room that is connected to a modem don't worry about a firewall for this as it's behind the router.

Thing is i have to disable zone alarm to get it to share resources on my home network.

I like zone alarm but i have to leave it off all the time to get the drives on the pc to show.

Any ideas whats getting blocked in zone alarm ? i can't see what to enable in programs under it's tab.

Thanks

chaps,

Got me pc here thats connected to the net direct
zone alarm installed

got a lap top that sits behind a router in the sitting room that is connected to a modem don't worry about a firewall for this as it's behind the router.

Thing is i have to disable zone alarm to get it to share resources on my home network.

I like zone alarm but i have to leave it off all the time to get the drives on the pc to show.

Any ideas whats getting blocked in zone alarm ? i can't see what to enable in programs under it's tab.

Thanks

Install zone alarm on your lappy 4 a start.

Then write ure ip and subnet off both machines. (start-->Run, type cmd /k ipconfig /all)
then goto zone alarm
click firewall in the menu on the left --> Zones Tab
[Add>>] --> subnet

Leave zone as Trusted
type in your add,subnet from the pc into lappy
and lappy ip into pc

Open Zone Alarm, go to Firewall to the left. Then click on 'Zones' tab at the top right. Then click 'Add' then 'IP range' then enter details for your home network that you want to allow access. eg~ 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.9 and call t something obvious like 'Home' or whatever.

i haven't installed zone alarm yet as i'd like to get it working 1st (laptop i mean)

how ever i have tried adding the ip addy and the subnet mask and even allowed a range in zone alarm yet still can't get access.

the wireless card that i have in this pc has a static route of 192.168.1.2 and the lap top a static ip of 192.168.1.3

EDIT : woops hadn't clicked apply.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
l used to love zonealarm but then started having the same problem .. moved to nod32 in the end ..

Back