Zgemma star s signal problem

munster1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys I have 2 brand new star s receivers but I'm having problems receiving channels on them, I set these up all the time but just cannot figure these 2 out, when I do an auto scan it it normally picks up over 900 channels but is only picking 544 channels on both boxes, I've tried open vix, atv etc, the tuner configuration is Astra 2E/2F/2G at 28.2°E,any help would be great.

Hi guys I have 2 brand new star s receivers but I'm having problems receiving channels on them, I set these up all the time but just cannot figure these 2 out, when I do an auto scan it it normally picks up over 900 channels but is only picking 544 channels on both boxes, I've tried open vix, atv etc, the tuner configuration is Astra 2E/2F/2G at 28.2°E,any help would be great.

Could be an old sat.xml lnb or tuner issue to check if it really is a tuner/lnb issue.

Install some 28 east sat setting Rats setting for example.

Do all the channels seem to work ?

I just had the exact same problem on an S2, rats bouquet didnt help the SNR level was 0% on all sly channels , and one of the tuners didnt scan anything at all , I just
assumed it had the wrong tuner installed , I'm sending it back for replacement

ya some work all the free to air work and some of the premium channels work, but no sly movies or sports, tired rats to same result.

ya some work all the free to air work and some of the premium channels work, but no sly movies or sports, tired rats to same result.

There is no signal on the movies and sport or they just dont clear ? If not signal try a more resent satellite.xml and rescan

Oh and how old is the image ?

There is a tuner fix out for the latest images but im told this was a FTA channel issue not premium.

ya its 0% snr on them, the images are the newest images from zgemma site im using.

thanks very much ill try this in a while and ill post back

I'm having same problem on tuner A. But when I use tuner B, I'm able to get all s**l**y channels.

i just tired the hd freaks image and its working! im now picking up all the channels that the atv and vix images could not pick up.

it working great have rats and cross epg setup on it, very solid and fast.

Back