zgemma star 2s - slow?

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
My zgemma star 2s was delivered today and I installed OpenATV via usb, which flashed without any issues.
However the image was laggy in comparison to my 3 year old DM800SE clone.

I have now flash openvix. I couldn't flash it via the same usb stick, so had to do it through the software install menu in openatv.

Again, the response time for crossepg, downloads/internet, bouquets etc are slow.

Should I expect this?

Last edited:
Depends on what you have installed on the receiver a basic install should run like the clappers but as you install more plugins as with any machine it reaches breaking point and starts to slow down

No plugins what so ever. It is a fresh install....

Same result with Ooenvix.
I will try openpli later on today and see if I have the same results.

Try contacting the seller explaining this as well

Same result with Ooenvix.
I will try openpli later on today and see if I have the same results.

Strange one Zgemma is for me quite a nippy little box for the spec certainly not laggy..maybe a fault on motherboard or something..Where did you purchase it from?..save pulling your hair out get the box exchanged.

I have one running open pli and its as fast as anything ive used ie vu duo se clone and twice as fast as a vu solo. Ive tried vix and openatv but find pli better for my needs. as said it sounds like a box fault mate.

Strange one Zgemma is for me quite a nippy little box for the spec certainly not laggy..maybe a fault on motherboard or something..Where did you purchase it from?..save pulling your hair out get the box exchanged.

Bought it off an ebay seller that has very good feedback and 1 year warranty...

Bought it off an ebay seller that has very good feedback and 1 year warranty...

If your getting nowhere and your not happy then contact seller see what they say for themselves I would personally after trying different images etc and it's real slow and you feel unhappy then there is a problem..
What other boxes have you had in the past what are you judging it by?

If your getting nowhere and your not happy then contact seller see what they say for themselves I would personally after trying different images etc and it's real slow and you feel unhappy then there is a problem..
What other boxes have you had in the past what are you judging it by?

I have had a dm800se clone since 2012 and I can notice the difference, dm800se still faster

Back