zgemma star 2 s ??

Anyone know how long the power cable is - as my tv is wall mounted and so will the box be when it arrives, just wanna make sure the power brick has enough length as the plug is at the bottom of the wall? thanks in advanced

It wont matter the PSU unit terminates with a figure 8 power lead so you just invest in a longer power lead (Figure 8)

If TM pull there finger out and get this Nano-SE combo released i may just have bought my last Zgemma

Looks good on paper but again support will let it down big time. TM dont have enough resources and technical know how to develop images themselves, most groups will avoid developing images for it and if VIX takes it on likely then you'll need to continuously upgrade the bloody image to keep it working. Then on top of that it will be around £50 more than boxes with identical specs.

Find it hard to get excited about the SE Combo.

Its a case of when and if other teams decide to support it, VU+ only have one official image firmware they then took blackhole on the payroll to write an image the rest are teams that do it for Free, other manufacturers are in the same boat.

Xtrend,Golden Interstar,Mutant etc...

The old ibox 3 matches the spec and the Zgemma h1 comes close.

As usual Technomate are late to the party

Thats not entirely correct the Zgemma and the iBox3 use the BCM7358 Single core 751mhz processor

The TM-Nano-SE and Nano-SE Combo use the BCM7362 Dual Threading X2 core 751mhz processor

I dont have the combo at the moment (awaiting release) but i do have the Nano-SE and compared directly to the Zgemma images apart that is the nano is way faster and i would assume the Nano-SE combo will be too.

Thats not entirely correct the Zgemma and the iBox3 use the BCM7358 Single core 751mhz processor

The TM-Nano-SE and Nano-SE Combo use the BCM7362 Dual Threading X2 core 751mhz processor

I dont have the combo at the moment (awaiting release) but i do have the Nano-SE and compared directly to the Zgemma images apart that is the nano is way faster and i would assume the Nano-SE combo will be too.

Good news then maybe its worth the £50 extra only time will tell.

Looks good on paper but again support will let it down big time. TM dont have enough resources and technical know how to develop images themselves, most groups will avoid developing images for it and if VIX takes it on likely then you'll need to continuously upgrade the bloody image to keep it working. Then on top of that it will be around £50 more than boxes with identical specs.

Find it hard to get excited about the SE Combo.

I agree, Technomate have a history of inflated claims, slipping release dates, constantly incorrect pricing (always increases before release), extremely poor driver support and software support when it comes to Linux recievers(who remembers UR TEAM :) ). I wont buy one of their products personally. TM500, TM600, TM800HD, TM TWIN OE.

All of them outclassed and out performed by cheap chinese clones.

That maybe in the past but i am still struggling to find a cheap chinese cloned receiver for less than £189 that gives me 2 x DVB-S2 tuners and a DVB-C/T/T2 tuner and runs the same chipset as the Vu Solo2 and has at least 3 x image support

Maybe the Cloners ought to get there finger out

What faults does the TM Twin OE have?

Price,price,price and it's a twin not combo there still is not a Decent spec clone combo been released..best you can do I guess is a solo2 clone and a USB tuner but that's defeating the object..what ever happens to the duo 2 clone...was a whisper of it way back.

An earlier post suggested that there was something inherently wrong with the Twin? This is why I asked the question.

The TM800 was/is awful apart from basic TV. Twin started off like that. It hasn't got any issues nor do any of TM's linux ones. People are free to buy what they want. However, if someone wants to start saying there are issues with a receiver, they ought to lend weight to their argument instead of some historic bias against a company. That way people have a balanced view and do not part with their money.

Transcoding does not work on their newer receivers
Exiting timeshift on Vix images causes a crash

An earlier post suggested that there was something inherently wrong with the Twin? This is why I asked the question.

The TM800 was/is awful apart from basic TV. Twin started off like that. It hasn't got any issues nor do any of TM's linux ones. People are free to buy what they want. However, if someone wants to start saying there are issues with a receiver, they ought to lend weight to their argument instead of some historic bias against a company. That way people have a balanced view and do not part with their money.

Transcoding does not work on their newer receivers
Exiting timeshift on Vix images causes a crash

The support is poor across the whole original Linux range of TM recievers.
- TM500 , I'm still using 6 year old DM500 clones that are better supported and cheaper.
- TM600 , as above 6 year old DM600 Clones are better supported and cheaper.
- TM800hd... not a lot to say other than total garbage,
- TM TWIN, again support poor compared to VU DUO Clones, I don't regret buying a Ferarri team clone DUO instead, even though I don't particularly like Ferarri team, it's been a pretty solid performer.

All in all I've saved a heap load of cash over the years and all the cheap chineese clones I've had are better supported in terms of software support, images etc than any of the above mentioned receivers. Not to mention the attitude of certian persons high up at TM throwing their toys out of the pram and having hysterical fits on this very forum when people highlight the obvious flaws and issues with the said products above in particular the TM800hd.
Lets just say it got very messy...offeers of free boxes for people to endorse their products and not point out their flaws etc etc... Asking certain mods to delete posts which highlighted flaws in TM products.

Can I remind you guys this is a zgemma thread not a tm you guys have dragged it well off topic

Can I remind you guys this is a zgemma thread not a tm you guys have dragged it well off topic

Agreed, Zgemmas and the rumours that these have already been cloned , can anyone confirm of there's any truth in this ?

Mine arrived today and love it, a lot faster in all aspects (including scanning channels) than my solo/duo clones

Back