Zgemma S wont output HDMI

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
was working fine now wont show anything on HDMI - can get picture using the 3 audio/video cables

so far done

- reflashed image
- different hdmi cable
- different hdmi port on TV
- connected another HDMI device and thats displays on TV

any other ideas ?

using Open ATV Image

done that so no luck .. think the HDMI port is f****d

Might be worth dropping it into a tv repair shop it may just be as simple as a dry joint on the hdmi port

I've just had exactly the same happen on a zgemma H1.Only had it 6months...works fine on video out but nothing on hdmi out.

Must be an issue with zgemma. You do see now and again selling on fle bay stating there's a fault with hdmi port with reduced price.
Another thing some people aren't aware of. When you get your zgemma you "must" remove the plastic on the top were the vents are.
Its that tightly stuck down you wouldn't even notice it is covered. It's need to be removed to let air in.

I have removed all the plastic wrap that was on there.Also tried the same things as jfish.Trying to get hold of the seller as it came with a 12month guarantee...but hes not replying to emails.

About the plastic wrap was for people just to double check its removed.
If you paid with paypal get in touch with them as there is a 12 month warranty. Be sure to factory reset box if or when you send it back. If they see you using images that aren't supported it's an excuse not to except returns.

Just sent them an email via their gmail account instead of ebay messenger.I'll hold off contacting paypal for a few more days...give them a chance to respond.
thanks for the info

Just been in touch with paypal member support and was told flebay/paypal don't get involved with warranties or guarantees.....worth a try.

*Bump*
I was after a Zgemma after mine died and my friends said I can have he's H.2H tucked away as the HDMI wont output sound or picture but the avi phono does.

He's tried all the usual flashing but he never got it working. Will it be a software or a hardware issue ?. I was thinking that if it's a hardware would replacing the HDMI port with a correct replacement solve it ?.

I wouldn't know IAN I'm just hoping he's missed something but like I said I think he would have given it a good go first before it headed to the closet

seems to be common fault looks like chip fault as if you put on early version of atv the hdmi works till it gets half way in the boot cycle then if fails.

People can also blow things for not having them powered off first before messing with cables and usb and well known issues.

I picked up the box in question last night Zgemm H.2H. First thing I tried was flashing it with the latest 6.2 openATV.
The box goes to flash, then boot (no picture on screen) then gets stuck on 49 as though its waiting for something to load. I left it for a good hour but nothing.
If I take the HDMI out then reboot it boots fine but if I put the HDMI back in once its booted no picture.
HDMI back in and re-boot it gets stuck again on 49.
I flashed it with wooshbuild with the HDMI and it flashed and booted ok but no picture on screen,
any ideas ?

Last edited:
Back