Zgemma on booth

miller1966

Inactive User
Reaction score
lads box was giving big problems like remote not responding and vix constant spinning tried to up date but all i get is openvix on screen and booth on box any ideas tried to reflash using four usb sticks to no avail cheers

Reflash with a differnt image to start with say OpenATV

Inside the folder system you send to usb make sure the noforce file is renamed to force if it is not already.

stillnstuck on booth used a cruzer and a integral nothing seems to work

Did you flash it with a clean openATV ?

no tried openatv tried different sticks still on booth a pain no usb coming on just booth

I always use a shitty USB caddie and an old 512mb SD Card. I thought mine was knackered after 3 different USB's failed to be recognised. It was only when I tried the pound shop caddie and the cards it worked. I always use that or a 2gb Micro SD card in the caddie.

Have you tried reflashing the bootloader ?, flash the bootloader thebn re-flash with a clean openATV and try the 5.1 , the 5.3 has a couple of bugs

caddie what is a caddie thanks
tried the bootloader done nothing but straight to boot

Something cheap like that,
Integral USB Card Reader Adapter SD SDHC SDXC Microsd Single Slot Memory Stick | eBay
make sure it's in the usb socket at the back of the Zgemma

are you putting the folder named "zgemma" unzipped straight to the root of the usb stick ?
if so open up the folder then the next folder in that. Locate the file called noforce.
Right click on it and rename it to force and save. Put the stick back into your Zgemma at the back, power it up and leave it. If your sticks fine and you've put the correct flash onto your stick , unzipped and renamed it to noforce it will work. It should just go to "flash" on the box.

I'll bet a pound to a pinch a of shit it's your usb stick or possibly your not putting the zgemma flash folder direct/unzipped onto your stick (leaving it zipped up is wrong) or your using the incorrect flash for your box.

Like I said, try as many sticks you can till it works.

which zgemma box is it ? there's quite a few on the market. We can point you to the correct flash for your box.

i have tried every stick except a kingston unzipped file force is on file put zgemma folder on root that is when i dragged the folder over to usb location on the side panel of p.c

have you formatted it to FAT32 ?

- - - Updated - - -

True tail, I sold a Q5 once 2nd hand online . The guy said he couldn't get any usb sticks to be recognised and he said he'd tried about 20 which was billy bullshit.

He returned it and I refunded him. I tried it with 3 of my sticks and they all worked. All's I'm saying try a caddie with a small mb card in it , old SD or small sd card. I've used my old camera mx card from the year 19oplonk and that worked. I tried a 128gb and a 64 and even the sticks mobi-shop mail out with their zgemma's and they don't get picked up by the box on boot.

yeah formatted them all ****ing thing driving me nuts the last stick i used to flash it is bloody missing

yeah formatted them all ****ing thing driving me nuts the last stick i used to flash it is bloody missing

You'll get there bud that's unless the usb sockets shagged which I've never come across yet

Hey could you please tell me what USB you managed to flash the box with. Having issues with mine too. Thanks

kingston or snadisk format it to fat32 and use usb port at back not front under Ethernet port

Back