Zgemma LC backup problem

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just flashed a Zgemma LC with the latest openATV then set it all up and tried to make a backup img via software manager but it fails near the end listing possible reasons like
wrong location
not enough room
etc
I've tried numerous sticks all formatted and mounted with every option available plus inisalized them before trying to make a backup but it's not having any of it.

Is it a SW glitch ? also , is there a backup.ipk of some sort I could install ?. I've looked through the plugin downloads but couldn't see any

format your usb to fat32, plug into computer and make a folder called backupstick
then plug into box go the press blue button, complete backup and select use and it should make a full backup

hope that helps

USB , plus when you select usb it can take a bit time for it to kick in so just wait

Yeah it's done the same ,
Wrong back-up destination
No space left on back-up device
No writing permission on back-up device
It's doing this with all my USB's and it doesn't matter if its mounted as a HDD or USB. I just read elsewere somone else had the exact same problem with no solution so it's got to be a SW issue. Do you have another .ipk for openATV I could install so I can make a backup ?. I've looked in plugins download and I can't see anything

Thats what I've done from zgemma.tv openATV a fresh install dated 27th May. I'm fine setting it up but I prefer making a backup just incase you get the odd made un were they wipe or freeze bad as these LC are a bit rubbish to say the least.

It makes a settings backup no probem but not a full backup. The sticks I've used are 4gb-8gb-16gb-32gb all formatted to FAT32 I've mounted them with every option including usb usb2 usb3 HDD but when I kick up the backup every stick get near to the end then this error:_

Wrong back-up destination
No space left on back-up device
No writing permission on back-up device

So I take it it's a SW error. I've it more than once full reflash and most times I'd reload a settings backup or flash online then make a backup but this one aint having it

Tell me a bit more about your setup, do you have USB in back for picon etc etc etc, and are you using front usb for backup etc

I use one stick in the back for everything most times mounted either as a HDD or USB. It's ironic that there's another thread on another forum with the exact same issue with no fix and with a LC

Its been a while but dont the LC have a front usb port if so try that for backing up

Just tried it a USB stick mounted at the front but I got same error. It's got to be a SW problem.
Is there a CMD or Putty command telnet to make a backup like the dreambox ?

Just tried it a USB stick mounted at the front but I got same error. It's got to be a SW problem.
Is there a CMD or Putty command telnet to make a backup like the dreambox ?

Reboot the box before doing a backup, remove any EPG data from flash and any update file data from /var/lib/opkg/lists/ or whatever the ATV equivalent is. Also worth running cacheflush as well to clear some space - I do that with ViX images and then the backup usually succeeds

Back