Zgemma H9s se guide

topchippyles

DW Member ++
Reaction score
ZGEMMA H9S SE

GOOD POINTS
1) Small compact and neatly sized for modern day device.
2) The multiboot allows up to 4 different images to be installed. I have willobuild-grogbuild and open Pli and it can be swapped between all 3 images in no time.
3) Picture quality is excellent on iptv and the zap time changing channels is very quick
4) I do advise anyone to keep a usb in for extra storage
5) Flashing process is pretty simple and best via a usb if not familiar with ftp clients like putty or openwebif
6) I have used and setup a few zgamma h9s 2s models but the se model seems to pack a big punch over its sister box

BAD POINTS
1) The android side seems to let it down at the moment. Its a simple process setting up the E2 side but flashing the android is a different story.
2) Took 4 attempts to flash an android image using the same usb and file. Changed nothing but finally she flashed on the 4th go.
3) Once the android image boots up i find the google app store will not allow any apps to be downloaded.
4) Side loaded apps via a usb and installs no problem
5) Once 3rd party apps are installed you get problem with the remote and online keyboard connecting
6) Once you get the android side playing a few apps it its pretty decent but this is new to me so a few pointers to help others.

Please feel free to post and ask questions

S Glad your pleased with yours fella on paper a very cheap all in one solution.

I sent mine back erratic movement of both my dishes. Its not my first rodeo with Zgemma's dish moving abilities my H9 was the same. My H7 no problems. The SE i sent back had a mere 215ma available at the motor. To put that into context my Vu Duo2 has 405ma.

Zgemma have a bit of a reputation for this issue some have no issue so i reckon the QC department of Zgemma is shite.

S Glad your pleased with yours fella on paper a very cheap all in one solution.

I sent mine back erratic movement of both my dishes. Its not my first rodeo with Zgemma's dish moving abilities my H9 was the same. My H7 no problems. The SE i sent back had a mere 215ma available at the motor. To put that into context my Vu Duo2 has 405ma.

Zgemma have a bit of a reputation for this issue some have no issue so i reckon the QC department of Zgemma is shite.
I hope you have more lead in your pencil after all those rodeos 😆

Snap, no more ZGs for me or recommedations to mates. so much frustration over the box and the motor. Something drastically wrong when a lowly amiko mini drives my dish like an F1 car while the H9s zg is like watching a dead man walking. Choice of either new boxes or motors is not great

Back