Zgemma H5 ipab usals useless

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Been trying all night get my H5 work on usals. I'm converse with motor setups but the more I read about the newer line of Zgemmas the more I'm beginning to think it's,the box (prob the chipset) that sends the motor right of to east and stays there.
I've tried usals, config lab for each sat with long and lat but nothing. As soon as the old Openbox goes put back on it works fine.
Is anyone else struggling with usuals or position each sat just so it moves the dish ?

Its not just the new ones you can include the original S and 2S in that category, been to a few where they either wont move or do it sporadically. The conclusion most reached was the DC power levels being sent to the motor in other words not enough.

Some cured it by using a new so called 'Green' Eco Technomate motor the later M3 series combined with a low power 'Eco' LNB.

Although by just pure messing around i got an old 2S working on a Dark Motor with a Black Ultra by skipping the normal USALS setup and configuring it via the ADVANCED option and then setting each satellite up to use USALS bit more long winded but it worked perfectly.

maybe try this, Not guaranteed to work but you never know

Just like the old Dm500 had trouble doing the same because of low output amperage.

To add to watch digi247 has said keep your coax joint free and as short as possible. If your coax is old replace it with ct125 to ensure as much power gets to the motor as possible.

Stabb motors were great for dealing with the low amperage output of the 500s back in the day like.

The box in question is a zgemma H5 which I was using upstairs. I did try the advanced setup adding my long/ lat to each Sat but it was still the same. It would move into one position and every 30seconds make a noise like it was moving then go back to were it was stuck.

I also have zgemma triple tuner (2cable 1 sat) downstairs so swapped them over and that runs the dish fine. I recently put new WF100 cable on it so hopefully that will have done the trick.
I did use a Zgemma H2 awhile back for the motor and I never had a problem with it but I wanted something abit faster. I'm thinking it must be hit n miss or a case of the newer boxes tuner (not Samsung tuners) not been able to draw enough juice to move the dish.
And, theses stab motors are like Sherman tanks. 15 years I've had this and still going strong. I suppose it's a case of, you get what you pay for.
Thanks for the help guys
Oh one last question, What is the "Ant Power on-off" tiny switch on the back of the Zgemma box for ? and what should it be set to, on or off ?, just wondered

Should be set to 'OFF' its use is primarily for DVB-T/T2 signals and not cable.

Yep! totally agree it a bit hit and miss with these some work some dont but thats what you get when you buy cheap chinese imports but for the cost and what they can do normally outweighs one little hiccup

True, as long as one box spins the dish I'm happy. After a few scoops I was trying to get the Sport 1 (germany) FTA Juve v Barca Saturday 19.2E but it got stuck and wouldn't fookin move. Neighbours must have thought I'd gone off my trollie as I hung out the window and whacked it with a brush thinking it had got stuck after been redundant for so long :)

In me bill bo baggins as well :) not a pretty sight with kebab chilli sauce down my front.

A Sight to behold indeed i would imagine LMFAO:)

I'm all up and running now thanks, as for which sats ?, I just like just having it working cause there's always the odd boxing or game on a FTA some were like Saturday's Juve v Barca game.
Even though there's nothing much to go at it's been like a part time hobby of mine playing around with motorised systems and it were bugging the t#ts off me not running

Back