Zgemma H2H motorised

grady41

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone sucessfully managed to use one of these boxes with a motorised dish?, I have used a blade media box for this purpose last couple of years but packed in last weeken and got a cheap H2H, tried different builds from Woosh to Grog and put vhannibal lists in place but dish doe not move. I am now wondering if this receiver is powefull enough to do the business?
If anyone has managed to do so are you able to provide step by step instrucitions from build you are using and channels lists. I have the poitioner setup correctly but just not playing ball.
The good thing about the blade media box was that you could do a blind scan but not on this box but then again it should still move so cannot understand why.

Many Thanks

Paul

What is the voltage on the blade box compared to the zgemma /first thing to look at also check the motorized motor voltage reading.The blade box is totally different setup to zgemma

Zgemma H2H states 13/18v and 0.4A max where the lnb is situated, will have to search google for blade media as threw away.
I have a technomate Tm 2600 motor, not sure what specs are for this, do you have the knowledge to know if this box will run this motor?

Thanks

I have just found the blade media which has the same 13/18v but cannot find the Amp bit and technomate shows 13/18v output

It is just locked on to 28.2 and working fine on the free channels here.

Yes, I have done all that and correct as not that much different from the blade, the major difference really is that I dont have a blind scan on the zgemma and sometimes had issues with the channel lists and blind scan used to pull in the channels, that said even if the channel list was out of date I should still be able to move left and right but not doing anything, I may have to venture onto the roof over the weekend to see if I can manually move. I have searched around and some people have said these zgemma boxes can be hit and miss, if the latter once I have done the roof bit I shall have to look at other boxes.

How long is the cable run ? Is the cable old all this can zap your amperage down so you end up with little at the motor. LNB consumption too play a part with the little bit of power the Zgemmas output and yes they do have a bit of a zep with motors.

If your motor has a reset button its worth a go.

The cable as is the motor about 2 years old and got good quality cable at the time from webro, its probably about 20 metres from dish to box, I do seem to remember a button on the motor and maybe even left and right buttons, looks like roof it is then to discount the motor.

0.4 of a amp is not a lot over 20 meters. Add up the power consumption of the motor and LNB to see how whats left.

I will take your word on that as I just assume one size fits all but thanks for that, other people elsewhere have said they didn't think it was powerful enough to drive motor, I will still get on roof over weekend to inspect motor for clues as well, Going for a few beers now to clear my mind temporarily at least of the problem in hand, have a good weekend buddy.

I finally got on roof yeserday and no power to motor so assuming receiver is at fault, either way I have spent too much time trying to resolve, so will source new receiver now with blind scan.

Back