Zafira Headlights - need help.

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
For some whacky reason my headlights keep switching themselves onto Full Beam, I think the problem lies with the wee indicator stick that also controls the full beam, it seems to have a small amount of 'play' and it feels as though it's leaning forward and contacting the full beam switch (if that makes any sense), I reckon it needs a new lever thingy.

Couple of questions.

1. Does the Astra/Zafira use a normal screwdriver to remove the casing from the steering collumn or is it some weird security screwdriver?

2. Any idea what I would expect to pay for

A. Genuine Vauxhall part
B. Third Party part.
C. Scrap Yard.

well matey depending on age it will require t20 if its older year if newer year pull the rubber back at end of stalk and push an extended paper clip into the hole it will release a clip and the stalk will pop out. no need to undo screws.

new 30 ish
scrap 10 ish and easy to get hold of.

if its under 3 yr old matey it will use same stalk as astra and meriva furthering your ease of 2nd hand part. hope this helps

Thanks mate :)

It's a 52 plate so looks like I'll need a T20?

How do i get the casing off the steering column? :)

There is a place near me called Vauxplus (vauxplus.com) - - as you can guess from the name they break all vauxhalls for parts!! I had a Zafira and got a few bits and pieces from them at a reasonable price!! Im pretty sure they do mail order but if they didnt you could always order on the phone and I could collect and post up to you1!

Thanks for the offer mate but I've got a breakers yard about 2 miles away from me.

Vauxhalls are popular and I can chose between an Astra or Zafira for the part I need so I reckon I'll pick one up easily.

Have some rep for your kind offer. :)

BTW, Big THANK YOU to Smirnoff_Rules who has sorted out all the technical stuff on this issue, I don't know how the guy put up with all my questions! :)

Last edited:
no probs - i know what its like finding parts - sometimes the common thing that you assume will be at all the breakers is the hardest bit to get!!

Back