Other YT video options seem to have changed

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
I have only just noticed this but wonder if anyone else is experiencing it. When viewing YT I use adblockers (and I suspect it might be the cause), and now, some videos don't seem to have an option to use the progress bar to skip around within the video. There seems to be an overlay which offers basic pause and end functions. All of the usual controls are greyed-out (can't skip etc.).

1568417014331.png

uBlock comes up with this when trying to block but it's dynamic. The number changes and using "odd" and "even" in there doesn't work.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

How do I put a wildcard in there instead of the integer?

Seems to coincide with the return of their annoying flyout player.

Any ideas?

Yes i had that before when videos would not play correctly and had to stop adblocker on a number of sites +my new firexox upgrade has now got malwarebytes browser guard which i find is good.Maybe try another browser to see if its better.

If ever I have a problem with any website, I try it on Edge. As I seldom use it I haven't added anything, it's 'unadulterated'. Some sites don't even like Edge but most work OK so it's handy for checking if I need to (or want to) alter any settings in my 'normal' browser.

My bad, I think, there are two lines required. This seems to be doing the required.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I don't know what these overlays are, but that gets rid of them.

Back