Your Thoughts please!!!

gooner71

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Several people I know have no patience whatsoever - when the idea of free cable came along they all jumped on the bandwagon and happily paid £150 to traders for the box and fun card. They gloated for a while !! Then the key changes hit more often and they got sick of paying £5 each time to get their cards redone - it was costing them almost as much as a sub!! - They then readily agreed to pay another £100 to the trader for tit 2's.

These prices always seemed steep to me anyway but hey its there choice - i was just glad to get my proggie and jtag and atmega and get myself up and running for a damn sight less and learn something along the way - which has been passed on to others!!

Obviously with the latest hit i have been able to revert to a fun for now but my poor friends are staring at blank screens or terrestrial!!

Now i have been told that the trader will rectify their probs at a price but he needs the tit2's ( which have got the bk and irds written on them -ive checked) and their boxes to do some sort of update and change their cards??

Now from what ive seen people more qualified than me are working on a fix right now and although im pretty sure that someone has got it all sussed I havent seen any mention of box mods or a need to sack the tits altogether?? My guess is that he wants to supply MOSCS but why the need for the boxes??

In my experience these things normally get resolved over the course of 24 hours like the bitflop times earlier in the year and we all wonder what the fuss was all about!! I just dont want my pals to be ripped off again (did i really say that) - no seriously if there is a whiff that something needs modding on the boxes could someone let me know - at leaset i can tell the mates that their trader is on the ball and not clutching at straws!!!

thanks all

hi mate
tell em 2 buy mosc cards from ebay 9 quid mate free delivery a progger and make their own and help them learn sumat
regards

Dodgy Traders :p

A friend of mine *cough* bought a box and one for his auntie.
Apparently the box was guaranteed not to go down for a year or he'd fix it free! Sounded like a good deal?
Within a month the box had gone down and then another months - then he started charging a fiver - then they started going down every week. Eventually after charging a fiver every time, he decides he's not fixing any of the boxes, even for a fiver. So how many peeps were left with £150 of merchandise, unusable!
Now this started frmo December 04 onwards - surely he should've known then that this would happen more often than not - and he offered a years guarantee?
Suppose if you want to do dodgy stuff it's your own fault. Needless to say, I didnt know where the guy lived:grab:

But anyway, my point, he started takng the boxes away, possibly to make sure card stayed on when he progged them - save them coming back again frmo irate 'customers'?

gooner71 said:
Several people I know have no patience whatsoever - when the idea of free cable came along they all jumped on the bandwagon and happily paid £150 to traders for the box and fun card. They gloated for a while !! Then the key changes hit more often and they got sick of paying £5 each time to get their cards redone - it was costing them almost as much as a sub!! - They then readily agreed to pay another £100 to the trader for tit 2's.
These prices always seemed steep to me anyway but hey its there choice - i was just glad to get my proggie and jtag and atmega and get myself up and running for a damn sight less and learn something along the way - which has been passed on to others!!
Obviously with the latest hit i have been able to revert to a fun for now but my poor friends are staring at blank screens or terrestrial!!
Now i have been told that the trader will rectify their probs at a price but he needs the tit2's ( which have got the bk and irds written on them -ive checked) and their boxes to do some sort of update and change their cards??
Now from what ive seen people more qualified than me are working on a fix right now and although im pretty sure that someone has got it all sussed I havent seen any mention of box mods or a need to sack the tits altogether?? My guess is that he wants to supply MOSCS but why the need for the boxes??
In my experience these things normally get resolved over the course of 24 hours like the bitflop times earlier in the year and we all wonder what the fuss was all about!! I just dont want my pals to be ripped off again (did i really say that) - no seriously if there is a whiff that something needs modding on the boxes could someone let me know - at leaset i can tell the mates that their trader is on the ball and not clutching at straws!!!
thanks all

stop gloatin,if there real mates you'd help them out.

more than happy to - i could change the public codes for them on their tit2's until a real fix becomes apparent - no probs.!! - But if people do insist on using a trader i at least wanted to make sure that the fact he wanted to do something with the boxes was legit!!

It still seems strange to me - why would you want the boxes cluttering up your place when all you need is the card - he knows the bk and ird are written on them with perm marker - he done it!! and also if the ink was rubbed off he could retreive the numbers from the cards anyway?

i had a couple of spare fun cards anyway so i got the bks and irds of a couple of people and got them going for tonight anyway so its not all about gloating!!!!

he could of took the boxes either to make sure he had the right box key , or more than likely its to make out hes earnt his money by "having to sort the box out" when the only mod needed is a card image issue, nothin to do with box.

This problem relates to the cards only. Definately no box mods are needed.

You can easily see that by manually putting the codes into the cards and they will magically work till the next keyroll.

edit:

Thinking about it though, if the trader is also going to rectify problems of using cr2 software and boxes with the no-update mod then he will require the box for modding !

ive sorted a few boxes for friends and never once mentioned money thats the way it should be and if you know that they are paying over the odds for a box something should be done m8 even if its you get me a box and pay for card and any modding costs that would be fine in my eyes after all its helping them out and not ripping anyone off. but there are some traders out there willing to pull your eyes out so anyone reading this please be carefull'the best way is to get your self a box and try yourself and if you get stuck thats why we are here to help after all.

Back