Your setups

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening guys what are your set ups for this freesat then so as to view in HD, ie size of dish, cost, receiver make, and prices plus any other things i may require lnb etc etc.
definitely looking into going down this road cheers .

im using , humax foxsat hd box £150 , old sly 60cm mesh dish prob get them for bout £10 , universal twin lnb ( hdtv dvb s2 compliant ) £12 , single will do £6 , then just coax and couple of f plugs .

Humax HD box was £145 as they matched the price with Dixons online.
Got the dish from ebay a Sky/ Freesat MINI DISH AND QUAD LNB.FULL INSTALL KIT for £34 including deivery well worth it.

Humax Foxsat for me too ... best option in my opinion as it has automatic maual scan for other channels

HD is fantastic on this box and now all bugs seem to have been fixed blinding box

ITV are now showing a lot more in HD,last night for instance ITV had Superhuman Worlds Smallest People and the film Unleashed both in HD :)

best £150 Ive spent

Last edited:
have to say rat you are really after geting into the sat scene in the last few months your always 1st in with the news on freesat

Reactions: Rat
If you're thinking of spending £150 on the reciever, depending on your budget of course, consider a TM6900HD as you'll get all the freesat chanels (after doing a scan) plus more besides.

I also watched supernatural last night in glorious HD :proud:
Interesting to flick between the SD and HD chanels and notice the difference.

Curly

have to say rat you are really after geting into the sat scene in the last few months your always 1st in with the news on freesat

thanks m8 :)

I often think if anyone benifits from the freesat stuff I post

thanks for the post m8 as now I know its worth it ;)

If you're thinking of spending £150 on the reciever, depending on your budget of course, consider a TM6900HD as you'll get all the freesat chanels (after doing a scan) plus more besides.

I also watched supernatural last night in glorious HD :proud:
Interesting to flick between the SD and HD chanels and notice the difference.

Curly

Not seen these anywhere Curly for that Money ant pointers mate also what about size of dish etc cheers.

a stadard dish the same as sky uses is all you need for freesat

most other recivers will not give you freesat EPG
if all you want is freesat + the option to scan for all other FTA channels broadcast on astra and eurobird1 then go for an offical freesat box (Humax)

check this sticky for channels from a Humax freesat box

Last edited by a moderator:

no hassle mate we dont really see you as much round the dreambox section but its great to see someone putting in the effort you are around the freesat scene just ahve to wait till i get home in october to set up my 1m motorised dish and 500s should be fum

I still poke my nose in the dreambox section m8 :) but a few you guys seem to have things covered in there ;)

a stadard dish the same as sky uses is all you need for freesat

most other recivers will not give you freesat EPG
if all you want is freesat + the option to scan for all other FTA channels broadcast on astra and eurobird1 then go for an offical freesat box (Humax)

check this sticky for channels from a Humax freesat box

Yes cheers Rat to be honest im a bit unsure at the minute. but i want to get the most out of my money and if the TM means more channels not necessarily HD but whatever and Hd channels as well then i think i would opt for that. But saying that again i have seen the list of channels you have put up in the stickies , would there be many more through the TM receiver as oppose to the Humax? complete novice here lol.

To be honest i was just going to start out with a 500s to get me started on the sat scene, but after seeing some of the HD snaps you posted this has wetted my appetite more for HD material.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure the TM receiver is capable of a lot more m8 but Im not up (like yourself) on the other side of Multi Sat

I am just enjoying freesat (HD) at present :)

Im sure one of the sat guys will put you right though

You have got me interested in Freesat with all your posts Rat mate, I think you may have converted me from cable lol. Is there many HD broadcasts available on Cable with a HD receiver obviously?

Thanks Rob
as far as Im aware its just BBCHD on cable with a couple of VOD programmes
I remember reading \/irgin have said they have no real plans for moving forward with HD

Yes you are right Rat this is one of the reasons i am making the transition from Cable to Sat i think Vermin need to keep up or they will end up losing out. I believe they are concentrating on the BB speeds.

Oh well it looks like once i eventually get my own place, i may take the plunge into Satellite, i was already looking at doing so and now i have more reason. Just got to decide whether its Freesat or normal satellite. :Cheers:

I believe you can have both with one of these sat HD receivers TM 6900 or DM 800 bit pricey mind.

I believe you can have both with one of these sat HD receivers TM 6900 or DM 800 bit pricey mind.

Ive quite fancied a DM800 tbh, but like you say its the cost. I think ill stick with my Eurovox upscalled through my dvd recorder for the minute :proud:

Back