Young Lads

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just over an hour ago I was returning home with a pizza when 2 young lads (13/14 ish) asked me if I had a 17mm spanner they could borrow. I had never seen them before but invited them round and gave them one of my spanner rolls. They thanked me and said they would return them as soon as they were done.

About an hour later and now quite dark I wondered where they were so walked out the front, within a couple of minutes they appeared and returned my tools. As I thanked them they asked if they needed to borrow more tools could they knock my door, I replied certainly.

Faith restored :)

What flavour Pizza? 🤔

Blimey! have you checked your bike @chookey ? does it still have wheels on it?and more to the point is it still there.😉🤔🤣
I decided to get a bike a few years ago to try and keep fit. Bought it 2nd hand from a mate and arranged to pick it up from a pub about 800 yards away. A few pints in me and tried to ride for the 1st time since I had a paper round didn't go too well.
The next morning I gave it away to a young lad who lives 3 doors away. 😐

I decided to get a bike a few years ago to try and keep fit. Bought it 2nd hand from a mate and arranged to pick it up from a pub about 800 yards away. A few pints in me and tried to ride for the 1st time since I had a paper round didn't go too well.
The next morning I gave it away to a young lad who lives 3 doors away. 😐
Chookey you wont ride a bike now with knee replacements m8.It cripples me now that I have had mine done so the bike is rotting in the shed, and you certainly can't kneel as you already know m8.

Chookey you wont ride a bike now with knee replacements m8.It cripples me now that I have had mine done so the bike is rotting in the shed, and you certainly can't kneel as you already know m8.
Yes mate, still have loads of trouble with it now, can't imagine how you are with having both done.

Yes mate, still have loads of trouble with it now, can't imagine how you are with having both done.
Had mine done 5 years ago both of them. All I can say is its not a miracle cure. The pain is not as bad like bones crunching it's more like a burning muscle pain.

Will be 3 years this September for me mate. I get almost the same pain as I did before the op yet there is no knee!!
I went back to the consultant and after x-rays was told it was fine but that the op doesn't work for everyone. My left ankle constantly collapses when I walk and I get a burning sensation in my right foot (like a Chinese burn), coupled with my knee I don't so much walk down the street. It's more like an un-choreographed dance :rolleyes:

I've got a thing about not lending tools out. The old man has been self employed as a diesel fitter for >35 years and I've known him not to get stuff back or damaged etc.

Most people at work know not to touch my stuff now :). Last time someone tried it they were about to pry a RF shield off using my brand new tweezers.

I've got a thing about not lending tools out. The old man has been self employed as a diesel fitter for >35 years and I've known him not to get stuff back or damaged etc.

Most people at work know not to touch my stuff now :). Last time someone tried it they were about to pry a RF shield off using my brand new tweezers.
My tweezers, soon up for sale cost me £30. I feel your pain :eek:

My tweezers, soon up for sale cost me £30. I feel your pain :eek:

They were only CK ones (ultra-fine curved) but still very good, I got some Erem and Lindstrom at the same time. Our vendors are restricted at work though :(.

They were only CK ones (ultra-fine curved) but still very good, I got some Erem and Lindstrom at the same time. Our vendors are restricted at work though :(.
My main tweezers are Erem 7SA, but I also use cheapos in my right hand, lol. Or should I say used, I'm done with it now

If that were round here you'd find the spanner next to your car that's on bricks.
They'd nick a buttered turd round here

I had a Scouse uncle who worked in the docks as a diesel fitter, whenever ladies clothes or shoes were part of a load he'd grab a few and say "Diesel Fitter"

Back