Yet another Virgin Price increase

They're now trying to charge for a £20 activation fee. Is it worth it?

If You start a new deal before November, they will honour the agreed price. That said the Yearly increase year after year is getting to much, they are getting like the gas/elecy companies, (greedy barstewards).

If You are already with them, tell them to go jump, what is there for them to activate? It will take them minutes to change your package. And make sure there will be no price increase for Your contract period.

Last edited:
I asked him about the price increase and he said it's included in the price quoted. Activation fee waived.
I've taken screenshots as well so they can't go back on it.
I've agreed. Don't even want the tv as I have a cable sub but what the hell if it keeps the price down

Currently negotiating this deal through the live web chat...

Player Bundle

Comes with 70+ channels all the essential free to air channels and players it includes; BBC ONE HD, ITV HD, Channel 4 HD, Channel 5 HD, Sky news, Dave, Pick and a lot of channels. That you can watch Netflix on your TV, (if you’re a subscriber).

- Vivid100 broadband speed it can connect 5-9 devices at the same time plus perfect for lots of people doing lots of stuff at the same time with unlimited internet usage and downloads.

- Inclusive unlimited evening and weekend calls to UK landlines and Virgin Media Mobile number, plus weekend calls to 0870 numbers. ??

Che
at 21:13, Sep 8:
You can have it for only £39 a month.

Time for me to try for a deal too, I don't want to threaten to cancel though as ADSL here is a bunch of arse and they probably know it. Not particularly far from an exchange but no significant speeds and I did leave BT ADSL due to being ping-ponged between the ADSL department and BT when there were months of problems. Which resulted in a section of underground cable being replaced...

Anyway, is their live web chat a typing thing? Easier to do surreptitiously at work, not that it stops everyone else being on the phone to utilities for ages :). Plus I don't like talking to people :).

I only have BB.

I only asked on the live chat what deals they could offer as I thought, with the impending price rise, that over 60 quid for 200mb bb and talk evening/weekends phone was ridiculous. Didn't threaten to leave or anything.

What I ended up getting isn't the best deal ever but it works for me.
At the end of the day I wanted to reduce my outlay and I'm saving £23 a month now.

I told them to forget my order after finding out about the £20 activation fee..

I only wanted the 100mb internet for £32 a month.
They phoned me back after a week and told me the activation would be free aswel as the installation and offered me the player package that has 100mb inet...tivo box with 70 channels and a phone line all for £29 a month....

Just for info really if anybody's phoning looking for a deal. I'd paid line saver rental last year & obviously hadn't renewed as this month's bill jumped by £19. I was paying 54 quid a month, had paid £176 for line rental in advance (150meg BB, Full house TV on a V6 box & a TiVo box & Talk More Anytime). Phoned them Saturday & gave 30 days notice, best price they offered me was £70. They phoned me today & eventually offered £55 on a 12 month contract & they've upped me to 200meg BB. Not cheap but best price I could see from competitors was £58.49 from BT & I was apprehensive how good/reliable their 76meg BB would be compared to VM, TV not as many channels, certainly in HD either. Obviously no cashback with VM, decent amount with TopCashBack for a new BT contract at the moment - £175 reward card + approx £100 cashback.
HH.

Back