Yellow Brick Booster

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

just got a yellow brick booster and its to serve a dbox2 and a modem

its the "new" version which has the G.C. on the return path aswell as the forward but been faffing about with it all day and can't get it to kick into life for a few minutes had the dbox2 working but not the modem then nothing

the dbox2 works perfect with the slx booster from argos but it hasn't got a return path so the modem wont work

i've tried every way of setting it every possible combination but still nothing

has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i dont know much about the yellow bricks but i would split befor the booster for the modem and use the booster for the d-box.

Yeah, that's what I do... My 500c needs the booster or I get nothing off it, but the modem is split to it's own feed, and the booster is on the 500c only...

there aint enough signal to power the dbox2 or modem from just putting it into the fedd directly so thats why i need the booster to work

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

can anyone help?

this is doing my head in :(

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

it sounds as though there is somthing wrong with your line i would have somthing subbed so its the cc's responsabillity to maintain the feed. if you cant run either of your items of the line then there is somthing drastically wroung. you might be able to get your box working as your yellow brick might raise the signal enough but the modem has to communicate both ways and im not sure how well it will amplifie the return path

its in my mates house

he has freeview down the stairs supplied by them and now he wants run a an extra box and a modem

the wee booster from argos boosts it by 10db or 20db which is enough for the tv so i know that works its just the modem put onto the network i know the modem works because its mine that i'm trying to get woring for him so i know he can put one on his line

the setup is

freeview > starview down stairs > booster > dbox and modem in the loft

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i got 1 and modems work fine, i got the early model, i have sc turned all the way down and gc turned all the way up

i have old style on my setup powering 2 tv boxes and 2 modems (subb and clone) same as yourself mate sc all the way down gc all the way up only extra thing from my set up and my mates is that i've got a good internet signal coming into my house aswell as freeview

but he doesnt want to run as much as me so with what he has he should be cushtie with just adding this modem?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

If I have G.C. turned up to much I have a problem with my modem connecting to the internet but about half way and its fine, mind you I have a pretty good feed without a booster in the first place but the bit extra improves the picture even more.

You've obviously messed about with this though...haven't you?

well i got dreambox, 4001, and 2 modems it did run 3 modems,dreambox and 4001 prity easy

You've obviously messed about with this though...haven't you?

yeah mate for over 2 hours :(

surely the freeview signal should be enough for 2 tv boxes? surely adding a modem can just be a case of boosting it slightly but also having a return bath through the booster

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back