Yaya Toure on £220k a week?

elniro

Inactive User
Reaction score
So apparently City's new signing of Yaya Toure is on £220k a week which over the 5 years he has signed for equals to a minimum of £55.6 million.

In addition he will get "an image rights payment of £1.65m a year (with a profit-share on his shirt sales) PLUS an £823,000 bonus each time City qualify for the Champions League PLUS a £412,000 bonus for winning Europe's top competition PLUS additional bonuses for winning the Premier League and FA Cup - all tax-free."

Their other new signing Silva is on £150k a week and probably also big bonuses in his contract too.

Is it just me or are the management at City really retarded?

At least that means that John Terry isn't the most overpaid player in the country anymore.

Last edited:
Yeah but do they know that UEFA have introduced the Champions league cap ?

If a team cannot run within its means it will not be allowed access to the champions league ?

This comes into play in 3 years time.

There is no way they can keep on like this if they intend to play in europes biggest league???

Mickie

Yeah but do they know that UEFA have introduced the Champions league cap ?

If a team cannot run within its means it will not be allowed access to the champions league ?

This comes into play in 3 years time.

There is no way they can keep on like this if they intend to play in europes biggest league???

Mickie

Well that's my thinkin as well...unless they intend that within those 3 years they can win every possible piece of silverware imaginable and magically transform their club into the most popular in the world and make it bigger than either Manchester United or Real Madrid.

It will be interesting what will happen when the time comes

Yaya toure wont be caring if man city are aloowed into the CL hes picking up £220k per week!

WTF! They will burst soon if they keep paying out wages like that!they would be better signing the best players for that kinda cash out of the midfield of barca it wouldn't have been him i would have tried to lure with those wages

not saying he is pish but theres beter players than him you can offer those wages to

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

this is just stupid, plain stupid! about time fifa introduced a salary cap. no player in the world of football in worth 50k a week, never mind 220k....

WTF! They will burst soon if they keep paying out wages like that!
MFCGAVMFC

They wont m8, everytime the mannure fans top their car up with fuel the money goes straight into City's bank :banana:

Funny how NOW the mannure fans are complaining that someone else can buy overrated/overpriced players lol

Funny how NOW the mannure fans are complaining that someone else can buy overrated/overpriced players lol

Er not really, there has always been Real Madrid and or course the top Italian clubs in the 90s, Chelski of course when Russian came in, and Barcelona in the last few years...they have all been able to outbuy Man United.

But there is a difference between buying a select couple players for high sums with large wage and buying anyone and everyone under the sun with massive wages and bonuses.

For the record im not complaining, City can do whatever they want with their cash, I just think spending this kind of money on players is just ridiculous in this current financial climate. Plus it makes every player think they should be earning crazy amounts of cash, not just the very best players.
I mean I wouldn't pay Yaya Toure tons more than Ronaldo, Messi, Torres, Rooney, Xavi, well you get the idea.

I am with Elniro on this one.

Yaya Toure is a decent holding midfielder.
That is hardly a match winning position to play in for a start.

You can bet that his wages are going to upset the likes of Adebayor, Teves and Bellemy, also players at other clubs are going to be asking for their contracts to be re-negotiated because the salary bar has been raised.

One thing though they (holding mids) do not get the recognition that they deserve... it was no fluke that real madrid sold makelale and they never won for ages but chelski won two premierships with him there.

I think Barca will also face the same problem because of the dog work that is so overlooked by fans wanting to see magic...

great signing, I am just not conviced with city's manager the players are all top class.

WAGES ARE A JOKE THOUGH LOL... I can see big problems with players not happy he is on 2 times there wages lol... can just see adebayor now lmao.

Mickie

Mickie

One thing though they (holding mids) do not get the recognition that they deserve... it was no fluke that real madrid sold makelale and they never won for ages but chelski won two premierships with him there.

I think Barca will also face the same problem because of the dog work that is so overlooked by fans wanting to see magic...

great signing, I am just not conviced with city's manager the players are all top class.

WAGES ARE A JOKE THOUGH LOL... I can see big problems with players not happy he is on 2 times there wages lol... can just see adebayor now lmao.

Mickie

Mickie

Thought I'd read somewhere they were gonna ship Adebayor out.

As you say though,they can get all the players they want but Mancini is the weak link. He's not good enough and won't last the season.

If they can prise Arteta away from Everton then they will have an awesome midfield combination.

what a load of shite,money is killing the sport,to think i used to pay to play,and england would have got me for nothing,id have played just for the honour of representing my country,now they get there wonger(cash) and dont give a dam if they dont earn it,,,,,a effing joke

Back