Yay, Infectus 9 wire install finally works.

wiiman

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have tried to install the argon modchip with wasabus firmware flashed a few times now to no avail, all i seemed to get was a dead drive, so i would revert back to the 13 wire install.

Got 2 d2c's tonight, so i thought i would try the wasabus 2.0 final firmware and low and behold it works just fine.

Not too sure how well it works on the d2c2's just yet though, will update if i get one.

100_2512.jpg

i have had it to work on both D2C and D2C2's so much quicker now with 9 wire installs.

you position and place the chip in exact same location as i do as well, with ribbon cable to left.

some delay issues on the D2C2 stil on some drives, but this was down to the clock wire and oscillator issue, or so i have read.

I've just tried it on a d2c2 and it didn't work ;(
When you power it up, the blue light comes on and goes of. It's as if its resetting itself... on off on off. It's taken a disk into the drive which I cant get out now lol. Will play around a bit more today. Might just get a d2pro for this one. Anyone got one?

Weird... Just got a d2c and tried it with that and I get the exact same problem, drive starts and stops. I see your using the A3P250. I've only got the 125's here. Tried wrapping the clock wire, still nothing. Oh well.

Argon f/w is just too buggy and Argon2 is shipping now.

littlejohnny has found a pretty good fix for any D2Pro issues with eject.

Back