xtrend acting strange.

Cressi

Inactive User
Reaction score
My Xtrend suddenly lost it's positioner capability. Was ok this morning on Motorised dish but now only goes to 13,16,19 28 E.
Checked setup and Usuals selected as always . Tried a fresh Cateyes Bowquet but still only these 4 Sats. All Sats ok earlier. It's almost like the settings have been changesd on the tuner from Positioner to A,B,C,D but they havent. All Sats not reachable now show a tuner fail. They were ok last night/earlier.

Wonder if tuner on way out.

Yes D. To be honest I'm a bit stumped at the moment. Tried all the usual but no joy. Kids been playing methinks.

Yes D. To be honest I'm a bit stumped at the moment. Tried all the usual but no joy. Kids been playing methinks.

Hard reset or soft reset?

Might be better flashing the backup you have,I presume you do have a backup ;)

Just curious here @Cressi but which model Xtrend is it

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard reset or soft reset?

Might be better flashing the backup you have,I presume you do have a backup ;)

Of course I have....................I think.............

Tried a hard reset. Dark Motor so it's holding both East and West buttons for 5 secs ( no pinhole). This does not work motor just moves. Box is still setup on Usals but only 5 Sats work from chan list setup.

The Correct Procedure for Hard Reset on the Dark Motor is as Follows:

1. Cut off the Power by Disconnecting the Coax Cable
2. Press and Hold Both East & West Buttons for 5 Seconds
3. Reconnect the Coax Cable
4. LED 1 & LED 2 Blink for 5 Seconds
5. The Memory is then Erased and the Receiver re-writes the Satellite Table to Initial one and corrects the Motor to '0'

Regards

Thanks buddy.

Missed step 1..........dohhhhhhh

Weird its done it again.It's almost like it's not accepting USUALs and only wants to accept 13,16,19,23 and 28 as sats.

About 2-3 years m8. just got it going again and lets see what happens.

About 2-3 years m8. just got it going again and lets see what happens.

Might be an idea to check it with another box when it goes again,so you can rule in/out the tuner or motor :)

Back