xtreamer cooling

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys i just ordered an xtreamer and i cant wait to get it. i have heard the fan is noisy though and that they have released a passive cooling mod called sidwinder. i was wondering does any one have this as i have seen another version of it on the bay for slightly less money here
also how long did it take for anyones xtreamer to arrive??

hi guys i just ordered an xtreamer and i cant wait to get it. i have heard the fan is noisy though and that they have released a passive cooling mod called sidwinder. i was wondering does any one have this as i have seen another version of it on the bay for slightly less money here
also how long did it take for anyones xtreamer to arrive??

have u tried turning the speed down in settings . have mine on low and its fine

havent got it yet mate just planning ahead and getting excited

how long did it take for you guys to get the extreamer after ordering?? mine is still awaiting shipping i ordered it on friday night but obviously they probably dont work weekends.

how long did it take for you guys to get the extreamer after ordering?? mine is still awaiting shipping i ordered it on friday night but obviously they probably dont work weekends.

I waited for a while as they weren't in stock but as soon as they had them, it took about 5 days. Just keep checking in your orders in the XT shop, they don't necessarily send you an email to say it's shipped but when it is shipped it will say in the shop and have a tracking number.

i just got a response from them saying it will be shipped befor the 10th feb and then it will take as long as it does from the courier. gutted

I ordered mine on ebay on the 30th Jan and it arrived this morning.
Came pre-fitted with the single sided cooler and cost £99.

Chookey

wish i had of gone that route now.

I ordered mine on ebay on the 30th Jan and it arrived this morning.
Came pre-fitted with the single sided cooler and cost £99.

Chookey

thier doing 1 with cooler & wifi for £112.50 inc postage now, just ordered 1 so hopefully it only takes a few days like yours did

Last edited:
mine just arrived today and i must say its great. still havent had confirmation they even sent it though lol hopefully i will get 2

mine just arrived today and i must say its great. still havent had confirmation they even sent it though lol hopefully i will get 2

same here it arrived & courier didnt have me sign anything just asked my surname then basically threw it @ me & legged it 2 his van that was on double yellows on main road

You wouldn't be the only ones to have 2 deliveries...it has happened a few times before but is unlikely, probably just some pi$$ed off delivery guys trying to get to the weekend.

Don't forget guys...update the firmware to 2.1.3, there will be another out next week, not the much awaited V3 (that will be in March) but an update which fixes some issues.

Also make sure you put the XMP modpack on it, this allows you to do so much more with it, including skinning it.

i have updated it appart from putting skins on what more is there?? also whats the aplication bit for in the menu??

also i dont find the fan noisy at all so i wont be bothering with the heatsink cooler.

i have updated it appart from putting skins on what more is there?? also whats the aplication bit for in the menu??

also i dont find the fan noisy at all so i wont be bothering with the heatsink cooler.

Rawsy m8, I just want the XT to play files and look good, the other things available....I am not sure about but I know you can have squeezebox radio and other stuff.

Heres the latest release notes from XMP but for the skins alone you can have the lite version which is skins only.

XMP

Changes until Revision: r88
features+bugfixes r88
- added file manager with telnet + mp3 player + editor support (usefull on remote control)
- added x_live SDK (make your own RSS)
- added My Flickr support (add your user_id and enjoy your public album)
- added optional optware install on sda1
+ small fixes
and of course more jaffa's and other users skins

Go on skin it, you know you want to...lol

Plenty to choose from, personally I prefer at the movies or at home skins...even if I do say so myself...lol

http://forum.xtreamer.net/mediawiki-1.15.1/index.php/Skins

Last edited:
Back