XP Media Centre 2005 - cheeky!

jedi_ringo

Member ++
Reaction score
My personal scam from a few days ago... cheeky but what the heck!!
I managed to get a valid xp media centre 2005 key from Microsoft
I told them that I had opened my 'under warranty' tower case from dell and thus dell didn’t want to know
I then said I had transferred all my parts into a media centre case and thrown the old case away in my excitement forgot about the key sticker!
After reading the code from the silverside of dell media centre dvd borrowed from pal
Those nice folks at M$ generated product key and bish bosh installled and working!

I then passed on the dell printed dvd to my mate and he gave the same story and its worked for him too!

yeah everyone hates microsoft but i found that they have the BEST customer service in the world!

Yeah i done this a while ago.
I found a Windows XP profesional disk at a mates and asked if i could borrow it, he said i could have it cause he lost the key and was now using his brothers copy.
So I thought i'll see what Microsoft have to say so phoned them up and said i'd lost my key. Had to read the number on the disk too them and they gave me a brand spanking new key :)

its not always true

i deal with m$ everyday they can be horrible as much as they can be nice.

we had one customer activate his m$ windows on 1 pc however he had a lot of trouble with grapchics cards and motherboards failing. so hed activate it each time phoning them up explaining his situation.
m$ barred his xp and he had to buy a new one :(

Back