XMBC like thing for 360?

AlanFAT

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been using my xbox as a mediacentre mostly, streaming movies, songs and all that over my network to the main TV.

It's been all good but I'm getting a full HD 1080p LCD next month and wanted a better system.

Is there anyway of making the 360 do wht XBMC does on the xbox 1?
I was thinkin of getting a 360 modding it and using it in the same way but can;t find anything on it round the net to use it like this.

Am I barking up the wrong tree on this and should just make a mini pc for this pupose?

Cheers.

yes sort off two things 360 has built in windows media center so if your pc is media center then yes for all wot you asked about (big prob with media center on 360 is very limited to the types off video files it will play)

but you can stll stream music and photos with out using media center

I've just looked at that Tversity on your advice dude, looks good, it seems it sets up a transcode server for a load of devices like my smartphone to grab media on as well.

I'm a bit worried that my pc won't be able to handle what I want to do though, transcodeing on the fly a HD film etc doesn't seem viable. Kinda defeats the point of upgrading from my Xbox 1. Definately gona have a play with it though as I do like hte look of it for other things.

I would stick with XBMC has your media center, you can run it at 1080p but depends on what skin you are using as it can become abit slugish. Works great at 720p without any problems.

I would stick with XBMC has your media center, you can run it at 1080p but depends on what skin you are using as it can become abit slugish. Works great at 720p without any problems.

Xbmc wont work on a 360 chief ;) not yet anyways

I know that :p I was on about the xbox1, XBMC on the xbox1 kills the 360 media center

Back