Do you like the new forum

• Total voters

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear all,

I have been working tirelessly to make this move happen over the last few weeks even learning REGEX so we can port over as smoothly as possible.

Please leave your Feedback, Bugs, Feature Requests in this thread.

I am also a bit of a newbie, I have been writing modifications and using vbulletin for over 10 years.

It will also be difficult for me and I might not have all the answers t first, but I will find them and make sure you are supported on this move, I know it is a BIG DEAL!

Thank you all.

Mick

Initial impressions are good, it will take sometime to get used tot he new interface and where to find things.
Therefore, please only highlight any critical bugs first that impact your usage of the forum rather than nice to have's.

It's looking good @Mick. It will take a little time to get used to things just like everything else that is new. Onwards and upwards Mick keep up the good work.

Please do post any permission issues that you find.

This is probably the biggest area for me, permissions are all different, and I will need to update things as we find them.

If you cannot do something - this is not a prohibition lol, it is permission I need to adjust.

Thank you all.

Mick

As said it will take time to adjust to the new layout but it is looking good, looks like a lot of hard work has gone into it. great work Mick and everybody involved.

looking good so far mick, one question will there be more skins as this is a little bright for me poor old eyes :)

When clicking on you have been queted click here to see i get
404 Not Found

Thanks for this

Can you be a bit more specific, maybe post the URL that is giving you the 404?

Cheers
Mick

I have looked but cant seem to find it, when you click new posts it brings up all posts page 1 to 30 etc is there an option to show latest posts first 30 to 1 :)

I will need to make a rewrite for thread prefixes (using regex).

can you show me a previous URL vbulletin and the NEW xenforo URL.

thank you @little_pob .

Mick

looking good @Mick well done on the switch over , nice skin and looks fresh ;)

All the VB links looked like this:https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=forum number&prefixid=Unique ID"
(red text would change depending on the room and prefix.)
Here is a full example https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=32&prefixid=BIOS_UEFI1

Here is an XF example URL: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/pc-problems.32/?prefix_id=1 You'll note that clicking just opens the PC Problems room, which is what clicking on any of the thread prefixes do in that room.

I don't might recreating them all if need be; they look a lot easier to set up in XF than they were in VB: Thread Prefixes de XenForo on Vimeo However, we would lose all the prefixes that already exist.

Back