XBRFlasher v0.1 By Plexo

does anyone have a spare 512mb jasper dump they could let me use for testing? only got 16mb dump here!

thanks

have nearly finished the CB detection now first time messing with hex an stuff with file processing bare with me lol

for the gui if it ever does bother to come out lol

9ucefb.jpg

and cb detection done :)

143mlfq.jpg

will be incorporating it into XBRFlasher soon :)

hey guys
** thanks havelln for 512mb nand dump **
just a bit of an update have completed the cb detection as said before, tested on 16mb and 256/512mb dumps works great no obvious issues it seems... have now got it integrated into XBRFlasher now so before it does 2 dumps of your nand it will first check to see if you can even use the exploit in the first place :)
heres a sneak peak at what ive currently got it coming up...

2luxsmr.jpg

hey guys
** thanks havelln for 512mb nand dump **
just a bit of an update have completed the cb detection as said before, tested on 16mb and 256/512mb dumps works great no obvious issues it seems... have now got it integrated into XBRFlasher now so before it does 2 dumps of your nand it will first check to see if you can even use the exploit in the first place :)
heres a sneak peak at what ive currently got it coming up...

2luxsmr.jpg

That looks top mate.

What language are you building this in ??

Jama

vb.net mate at the min vb.net is just used for the cbchecker, just scripting batch files for everything else... when i do the GUI it will be in vb.net

O cool.
I think a GUI will make it look pretty awesome.

I use c# myself :)

does anyone have a spare 512mb jasper dump they could let me use for testing? only got 16mb dump here!

any chance i could grab a copy of this 512mb nand dump please

oh and looks to be good,gunna give it a try on my next jtag

any chance i could grab a copy of this 512mb nand dump please

oh and looks to be good,gunna give it a try on my next jtag

just gave it a try,i think you may need to adjust the read me-when it came to flashing it told me it couldnt find xbr-then proceeded to tell me flashing complete

but the readme states to put them in as the same as they extract

hit me up on msn m8

readme states to put them in the /firmwares/ folder, it looks for xbr.bin because it copies from the /firmwares/ folder to the root dir and renames to xbr.bin for simplicity...

still need some error detection (as v0.2) states but i am am still looking into making a GUI for it so probably wont be spending loads of time on the batch files...

i also think i have a way to detect the board revision so on the GUI you will simply have everything greyed out (except a "Detect" button)

once you hit that it will test dump a few sectors via your spi cable, tell you the CB version, board revision and tell you if it is exploitable or not for the jtaghack, also it will dump twice and if they dont match it will dump a third time and check them all.

readme is correct DO NOT RENAME THE XBR FILES

hit me up on msn m8

readme states to put them in the /firmwares/ folder, it looks for xbr.bin because it copies from the /firmwares/ folder to the root dir and renames to xbr.bin for simplicity...

still need some error detection (as v0.2) states but i am am still looking into making a GUI for it so probably wont be spending loads of time on the batch files...

i also think i have a way to detect the board revision so on the GUI you will simply have everything greyed out (except a "Detect" button)

once you hit that it will test dump a few sectors via your spi cable, tell you the CB version, board revision and tell you if it is exploitable or not for the jtaghack, also it will dump twice and if they dont match it will dump a third time and check them all.

readme is correct DO NOT RENAME THE XBR FILES

i didnt but it went on to flash and finished within 2 secs claiming it couldnt find xbr.bin,the dumps it made and the kv and config all seem good,and the cb detection is great for finding out if rrod 360s are worth resurecting

its coming on nicely and no doubt will be an invaluable tool for the xbr flashing,

just a qusetion,i have 4 firmwares in the/firmwares folders one for each revision-could this have confused it,ie it just expects the one nand you need in there

hi m8 no it works in the same way that jungleflasher works, it looks in firmwares folder for which ever xbr it needs (ie if you pick falcon it will look for the falcon firmware) and must use the original filenames also

just out of curiousity what board revision where you flashing ?

been up all night and only got this done...

1498qwo.jpg

got it opening up a full nand dump, reading cb version dumping keyvault from it and writing it as a keyvault.bin (reading/writing 17kb seems to go very slow, using ReadByte and WriteByte with filestream if anyone knows a better way which there obviously is!! perhaps some sort of buffering?, anyway i also got the board revision detection working using ONLY the CB version, ended up having to make a new if statement for each cb version for some reason, couldnt do if 5770 or 4760 then console is a falcon etc not sure why ? still learning vb.net bit different from vb6..., anyways thats all ive got done so far .. keep you all posted :)

Looking good m8, I'm on IRC if u need any help/testing

thanks m8 only thing i need help with really is getting nandpro to output to the app instead of a command prompt.. any ideas?

if i can get that sorted i can complete more of the app at the min im running out of things to do on it as starting to need nandpro kicking in for things to progress, it is going to be using the flashconfig it logs from nandpro to see if its 16mb or 256/512mb etc

edit:

:D

dq4v82.jpg

Last edited:
Wow.

This is moving along swiftly and that looks very professional.
Will defo be using it when its released.

Jama

thanks... still having a little problem with the nandpro frontend but i think i can fix it, basically when i do the Process.start() to start nandpro, it hangs until nandpro is finished, then outputs the lot, however i could maybe dump it all in 17kb blocks each way and that way be able to have progress bar etc :)

Back