xbox vga cable and 1.6v box.

johnbhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does the official xbox1 vga cable work with a PAL 1.6v xbox.

Have been trying to find this out and on checking other forums they are all referring to it not working. But this appears to be when you make your own vga cable. Was going to buy one but this is putting us off slightly. Does anyone have one that works with 1.6 box.

Cheers

Edit... Scratch the above. Realised it was a component cable i was looking to buy not the vga one. COmponent i understand works fine. .....Too many whiskeys.

Last edited:
component works great on my 1.6 box. If it's a PAL box, you need to patch to make NTSC for HD

Does the official xbox1 vga cable work with a PAL 1.6v xbox.

Have been trying to find this out and on checking other forums they are all referring to it not working. But this appears to be when you make your own vga cable. Was going to buy one but this is putting us off slightly. Does anyone have one that works with 1.6 box.

Cheers

Edit... Scratch the above. Realised it was a component cable i was looking to buy not the vga one. COmponent i understand works fine. .....Too many whiskeys.

Wow dont know how I missed this post, sorry for late reply... It will work but you will need the Xbox HD adapter thing which enables the HD resolutions but before you do that you need to change your pal xbox to a ntsc xbox using enigma video switcher.

I just have the official XBOX av component kit. Enabled HD in XBMC.

Yup. I got an el cheapo component cable for £10 and it works great. Appearance set at 1080I and videos playing at that also. Looks a lot better in my opinion.

Had to download Enigmah video changer to change from PAL to NTSC but once i did this it enabled me to switch to the higher resolutions. Well pleased with it so i am as i use my XBMC as complete media centre and also as a recording device for dbox.

The xbox1 really is a great bit of kit. Cannot wait until the 360 is somewhere on a par with it in terms of functionality.

I get dark picture when I use hd kit but I think thats more to do with my TV :(

i didnt know you could play videos in HD from the XBOX....i thought it was just the games.....does that mean it upscales it?

Back