Xbox Repair Guide

im with bard
unless you are realy good at soldering get a solderless adapter!!
i spent 3 weeks of my apprentiship soldering 10 X 10 cm grids with one cm bits of wire and bits of wire bent to make my name

lpc pins are not too bad but if you dont know what your doing your gonna get dry joints or lifted track !! only apply heat to the pins not the track and let the solder flow but there is an art to knowing when its done
if your doing a lpc rebuild on a 1.6 use the solderless adaptor or you stand an 80% chance of trashing your box!!

as for the frag prob check the pcb realy carefully some solder boils and spits tiny blobs so look beyond where you soldered could be a blob shorting or a heat cracked track harder to find and fix look for discolouration dull solder joints arround where you had the iorn and if you find any reflow them hope you sort it

Last edited:
hadn't looked at the thread dates lol

still should be usefull to someone though would have been nice to know if he ever got it sorted

Well it turned out tht i had burnt it real bad around the pin header and some of teh tracks were burnt, so it was un-repairable :(

But....i've jus bought a new 1 :banana: an this time im gonna get sum1 else to do it or jus get a solderless one :Clap:

I hav a pic of my pinheder area on the old board sumwer

Last edited:
did you use a low power soldering iron?? shouldnt need to keep the iron on the pinheader long enough to burn it really. sorry to hear about the xbox

thats a shame sam its surprising how little heat it takes to lift a track though normally repairable though takes some time and and soldering skill though no guarantees

but thanks for letting us know what happened in the end!

i lifted a track and broke it will trying to do the D0 wire. managed to fix it with some circuit board laqure (sp) and conductive pen

Back