Xbox Problem

Fool2cool-zte

Inactive User
Reaction score
My xbox freezes randomly and says that the disk is dirty or faulty, could this be a dirty laser and if so how can i fix it,
note: ive tried the games round friends houses so they do work and are fine

Fool2cool-zte said:
My xbox freezes randomly and says that the disk is dirty or faulty, could this be a dirty laser and if so how can i fix it,
note: ive tried the games round friends houses so they do work and are fine

hi
yes the laser is faulty or the drive but most likly the laser is on its way out
you can buy new lasers of ebay cheap enough about £10 but beware i have done about 8 drives so far and 4 of the lasers were not working when they came
and trying to get them to change them ? well that was fun
i still have 2 sitting here knackerd
so my best advice would be to get yourself a new drive off ebay
samsung is the best around £20 to £40
phillips are ok around £15 to £30
and then the thompson not the best but cheap at around £15 to £20
and then its real easy to change just like a pc dvd drive
1 ide to unplug and plug in new drive and 1 more lead to unplug and plug in the new drive thats it
takes about 10 mins to open up xbopx and change drive and put back together
if you want to change laser this will take you about 30 mins ish the first time you attempt it also you have to remember to de-soldier the 2 antistatic points on the laser if they have not allready been done
hope this helps

Hi m8
is your xbox modded !
If it is get yourself a harddrive and play games from that.
u only run the game once to download on to drive and this saves using the dvd drive
try stripping the drive down to get to the laser lens and clean with some white spirits on a cotton bud that all it might need !!
its worked for me
good luck

rfhead said:
hi
yes the laser is faulty or the drive but most likly the laser is on its way out
you can buy new lasers of ebay cheap enough about £10 but beware i have done about 8 drives so far and 4 of the lasers were not working when they came
and trying to get them to change them ? well that was fun
i still have 2 sitting here knackerd
so my best advice would be to get yourself a new drive off ebay
samsung is the best around £20 to £40
phillips are ok around £15 to £30
and then the thompson not the best but cheap at around £15 to £20
and then its real easy to change just like a pc dvd drive
1 ide to unplug and plug in new drive and 1 more lead to unplug and plug in the new drive thats it
takes about 10 mins to open up xbopx and change drive and put back together
if you want to change laser this will take you about 30 mins ish the first time you attempt it also you have to remember to de-soldier the 2 antistatic points on the laser if they have not allready been done
hope this helps

can you help me where would i get a new samsung my problem is the games keep freezing on copy games i have had a look inside the xbox and the drive is a philips btw originals play fine

@ Ramraider Philips drives are very fussy on what brand of dvdr,before changing your drive try using 'infinity dvd-r' discs, a couple of my mates had the same problem & using this brand of disc sorted the problem !

Regards

WaVeY

Last edited:
wavey123 said:
@ Ramraider Philips drives are very fussy on what brand of dvdr,before changing your drive try using 'infinity dvd-r' discs, a couple of my mates had the same problem & using this brand of disc sorted the problem !

Regards

WaVeY

only problem is i get the discs of another guy i will ask him see what he says thnx for the info

Back