XBox Media Update

mcginley50

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I have a very old xbox here that was previously banned from xbox live. I want to use it now to stream videos from my PC but it won't play the videos unless i run a media update. To do this I need to connect to xbox live. Is there any way I can install this update without connecting to xbox live?

Hi, I have a very old xbox here that was previously banned from xbox live. I want to use it now to stream videos from my PC but it won't play the videos unless i run a media update. To do this I need to connect to xbox live. Is there any way I can install this update without connecting to xbox live?

Nope, I'm afraid not. But you could use something like TVersity to stream media to your Xbox

No, just install the app on your PC and follow the setup proceedure.

If you download a program called River Past Video Cleaner Pro 7.7.3 (get it for free if you use newsgroups) This converts all your movies to WMV format and your xbox will play your movies without having to go online. I have tried loads of programs to convert and have found River past to be the best (a bit slow but always works 100%, no lost of sound ect)

If you download a program called River Past Video Cleaner Pro 7.7.3 (get it for free if you use newsgroups) This converts all your movies to WMV format and your xbox will play your movies without having to go online. I have tried loads of programs to convert and have found River past to be the best (a bit slow but always works 100%, no lost of sound ect)
Good info if i ever get banned

thanks

Back