xbox help

H

happyjim

hello i would like to chip my xbox and add a bigger hardrive so i can store some dvds on it and the lastest games.........what do u think the best way to go about it is ie what chip and harddrive ? whether to put a switch on it and the best bios to use ? i looked on the bottom of my xbox 4 a version number but couldt find 1 i found a date saying 2002 which is when i brought it....thanx 4 your time jim

i chipped mine using the SMARTXX chip. the bios you might have trouble finding, unless you know where to look, cos it uses an illegal verson if the micros0ft bios i have a lcd screen on my console also, which looks neat with the crystal box and blue led's for lights.

hey
i would recomend the xecuter 3 chip, it's the best of the bunch.

look for a download called xbox ultimate boot cd, this is downloaded as an iso file (disc image) and has to be burned to a cd-rw.

it contains all you need, latest bios and all the best dashboards and apps. (you can choose what you want to install from the disc.

if you want to install a larger hard drive you will also need xbox hdd tool, this is a small programme you use on your pc, you have to put the hard as a slave in your pc then use the tool to prep the drive to be used in your xbox.

OR

Go here http://www.kanection.co.uk

and buy a pre modded xbox

you can add a larger hdd and other bits and bobs.

hope this helps:BLOBBY:

ive got an xecutor 2.6 on mine with switchbank, look for the slayers auto installer disk. after putting the chip in the disk will do the rest for you. once thats done just link iot into your network and it becomes part of it, we only have that under the tv, music, films stored on your pc can be played thru it, link it to the internet and you can stream the football from certain sites straight to it

ummm nice, one tv no clutter

you can put in any size hd u like now-chips just get a bog standard one once installed its just a case of taking ur old hd out and putting new one in ther use unleashx installer disc to prep ur hd

i agree the executer 3 is the best i actually have a softmod i made like its not like the one with the game save like this replaces your partitons on ur xbox with modded ones anyways if u want to go for the X3 and im not sure the latets bios and updated mine in a bit 1059 was the last i flashed.... and use XBMC its pretty smart and lets you store your games and movies and thta on ur hd :D i have a 120gig in mine at moment ;@)

Personally I would go for the Xenium ice Solderless, doddle to fit 20 mins,
and there is no need for switches, it does it via the bios:)

but I would reccomend the slayers disk though awsome!

If your after something cheap and cheerful go for a duox2, £9 with the pin header
i`ve installed loads of these from 1.0 to 1.6b boxes not a single problem.

You won`t need a switch and it will accept a bigger harddrive.

P.

hi
ive got a xbox with 2.6ce using 5035 bios also m8 bios on bank 2
pm me if you need it

WHY a MODCHIP ??

Hi all...

I was just wondering the benefits of have a chip??

I have softmodded my xbox without any problems.

i done this in under ten mins with a games exploit.

Retro

Back