xbox buffs need solution/cause

Thommo

Hates everyone equally!
Reaction score
Woodlands Cemetery,Scarborough overlooking the sea
someone just brought a elite 360 round mine to fix... i dont fix em except xclamps...

but this one has come round and seems dead.

power supply shows up as an amber light and when its all hooked up it doesnt respond nadda nothing.

no red lights n nothing..to look at you'd say theres no power going to it.

this apparently was working yesterday but now its dead.

anyone had this and know the cure before i even attempt to open it up as i cant really be arsed to be honest, it was more thrust upon me then me agreeing to take a look.

if its easy i'll have a go but if it need replacement parts then im fooking it back off to where it came from.

thanks.

if the light is red then there's something wrong.

If its Amber means there isnt any shorting or anything badly power related, Try another power brick

someone just brought a elite 360 round mine to fix... i dont fix em except xclamps...

but this one has come round and seems dead.

power supply shows up as an amber light and when its all hooked up it doesnt respond nadda nothing.

no red lights n nothing..to look at you'd say theres no power going to it.

this apparently was working yesterday but now its dead.

anyone had this and know the cure before i even attempt to open it up as i cant really be arsed to be honest, it was more thrust upon me then me agreeing to take a look.

if its easy i'll have a go but if it need replacement parts then im fooking it back off to where it came from.

thanks.
first try another power brick if still no go look at the capacitors on the power board to see if the tops are bulging slightly if so replace them capacitors

check the usb ports m8,dead xbox can often just be a usb pin bent back on itself or just touching someware it shouldnt be

i have been looking at a couple of knackered xboxs i have aquired and while trying to find solutions to fix them i found that faulty mosfets could cause the fault your describing. all a mosfet is is a transister that is used regulate voltage. i have tried replaceing a couple but they are a nightmare to get off the board.

Back