xbox 360 wireless adaptor

onksy

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi al purchased an official wireless adaptor for my 360 this week but i'm having problems ,it keeps dropping the connection and the light indicator on the adaptor itself goes off i know its supposed to be green but it automatically switches off(having to reboot my box every time does anyone else have this problem)any help on this matter wud be appreciated thanks.p.s i have a linksys wireless router got my laptop and wii working fine no problems wotso eva.just my 360 i 've looked on xbox live forum and contacted them but no joy

My mate had a similar problem with his, said it kept dropping the connection for no reason. He took his back and went to wired. I have a wireless bridge on mine, its cheaper and has worked flawlessly

Xbox wireless dropping connection...

Hello,
I had problems with my wireless adaptor and I eneded up changing my router from a linksys to a netgear and all my problems went away.....
I didnt drop a connection though I just couldnt get connected at all....have you checked compatibility with xbox live regarding your router....some are a bit shitty when it comes to xbox live and connecting...
hope u get it sorted..

My mate had a similar problem with his, said it kept dropping the connection for no reason. He took his back and went to wired. I have a wireless bridge on mine, its cheaper and has worked flawlessly

whats the make/model of the wireless bridge mate???

have you got your xbox 360 on a static ip? you should be able to configure this in your router. i must confess i don't use an official wireless adaptor for my xbox 360, I use a wireless bridge (old pc) but i know my ps3 kept dropping the connection until i put it in static ip.

wireless

I had the official wirless for my 360, it kept dropping off so bought a negear 311 wireless and its been great, never drops off.Hope this helps.

I have one of these and have never had any problems. But I suspect your linksys router is the problem I had one of these also and had to ditch it in the end as it required constant reboots because of dropping connections and when one pc logged on it would chuck the other one off I suspect thru ip conflicts.

Got to admit... I have 2 consoles in the house both with the official wireless adapter connected and I never have any problems either lol. My router is netgear. Only time I lose my connection is when VM stuff up my bill and I refuse to pay them for 3 months so they cut me off :proud: lol

Back