Xbox 360 Slim powering on by its self

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have bought a slim 360 and have had it for a month or so but it has just started switching on by its self? I have searched online and cant find a definitive answer to the issue. it seems as though people who have replaced the switch board and eject ribbon cable have had joy and others have said just cleaning it would cure it. Has anyone around here experianced this issue and cured it?

Thanks

I don't know for sure, but I would be looking at a faulty power button.

could be a few thinks , your controller battery is not charging up full , so will make the 360 freak out (turn on the 360 and take the batter out of your controller and power down , see if that fixes it ?

take the face plate off the front and give it a good clean , see if its full of dust and crap ect and check the connection box is sitting in correct , take it out and give it a quick wipe with a dry cloth and blow into the box connector

fleebay

Xbox 360 Slim Power Button Switch Board PCB RF Replacement

eBay item number:

£12.99

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, I am happy to take the front off, just want to be sure why I’m taking it off first as the ribbon cable looks fragile. Which is more than likely the reason.

just to give it a clean probs full of dust ect

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back