XBOX 360 Serial number question?

MONKey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is the XBOX 360's serial number stored anywhere on the 360 other than the back of the console?

For example in the FW on the motherboard or DVD drive, or is it just located on the back of the console?

Other thing is are the motherboard or DVD drive tide to the serial number of the console in anyway? (I don't think they are otherwise we'd need to clone more than the drives key to get things working)

:)

Think I may have just answered my own question. Can someone please go into System Info on their 360 and see if the Console Serial Number matches the one on the back of your case?

the serial is electronically stored matey mother board and dvd are tied by the key. mobo has key and serial.

whats the reson for your question m8?

Been playing mix-and-match today lol

Just wanted to check before I took it online as I think Microsoft will be very interested in where this box is lol

Is there anyway to spoof the serial or console ID?

well it was claimed possible after a ban hammer but ive never seen anything materialise.

y have u played mix and match lol?? ive bought consoles and sent back next day with the front of the drive heat glued in place and the drive and mobo in my wardrobe lol.... dont worry about it.

ive got a 360 here with a 79 drive in it (gave original drive to highlander for his bro's) but forgot to tell him i needed the key off the drive before he flashed it lol so its in lil girls room now as a dvd player lol...:banana::banana:

Well being as I was returning and swapping 360's to get my drive sorted I thought what the heck. May as well have the best Mobo, and drive out of the bunch lol

So the serial number on the outside of my box doesn't match the one in system info lol

Only problem is if I go online the case that this 360 mobo I currently have will be on it's way back to M$ at some point lol. So if they decide to look for the serial number of the mobo that was in the case online they will see me won't they?

Yeah Highlander told me about one of those stories lol, at least you got some use out of the drive ;)

I perticularly liked the story about the screwdriver mashing and the little note to M$ lol Now that was funny ;)

Wouldnt worry about it Monkey.... just because you have the swiped mobo doesnt mean it was you that swiped it mate... anyone could have pulled that trick (and many have done ;) lol) and then sold the console to a shop who then sold it to you as a pre-owned mate... or even sold it privately on FleeBay...just cos you're the end user doesn't mean that you pulled the swifty so I certainly dont see M$ even bothering with trying to find you mate ;)
lol.

Kick back, relax and enjoy your games mate :)

Glad you're all sorted.... he's a diamond that highlander ;)

I'll leave it a while before I take the fooker online then lol

Give it enough time for it to get sold to someone then sold to me ;)

Be a bit sus if it popped up online right away lol

Highlander is defo a diamond. I'm glad my drive got fooked and I got the pleasure of meeting him.

there are around 4 serial stickers on and in the 360,
one on back,1 near usb port,1 on mobo ,1 on the steel casing

A while ago, just after I bought my son's Xbox 360 my nephew said he had the 3RROD. He had lost his receipt. I, on the other hand had my my sons receipt but PC World were, at the time, writing down the serial numbers on the receipt.

But I devized a way around - I stripped the two 360's swapped their cases and took the broken one back with my receipt. Sorted!

Been playing mix-and-match today lol

Just wanted to check before I took it online as I think Microsoft will be very interested in where this box is lol

Is there anyway to spoof the serial or console ID?

if its not robbed why did you say the above.

if its not robbed why did you say the above.

LOL... read will ...stop trying to watch dallas at the same time as viewing threads ;)

He swapped the mobo and drive with one he purchased and fooked up so he has different serials now lol

A while ago, just after I bought my son's Xbox 360 my nephew said he had the 3RROD. He had lost his receipt. I, on the other hand had my my sons receipt but PC World were, at the time, writing down the serial numbers on the receipt.

But I devized a way around - I stripped the two 360's swapped their cases and took the broken one back with my receipt. Sorted!

Good job I wasnt working lol, Id chack the serial by the USB :)

Well, I wouldnt stop you, Id look, smirk and swap/refund.

LOL... read will ...stop trying to watch dallas at the same time as viewing threads ;)

He swapped the mobo and drive with one he purchased and fooked up so he has different serials now lol

ahh now i got you.....lol sorry about that just thought it may have been robbed.
hope i didnt cause offence .
by the way dallas is now finished will have to wait until season 9 im currebtly watching sopranos season 6 (i know im trying to make myself look macho with all this dallas thing )

sorry monkey got the wrong end of the stick but dont worry mx has got your revenge he brought dallas up again.

I thought it was knicked aswell :)

Good job I wasnt working lol, Id chack the serial by the USB :)

Well, I wouldnt stop you, Id look, smirk and swap/refund.

You can check the serial as we only swapped the insides out ;)

Serial number on case still matches the one on the box lol

Back