Xbox 360 NXE Dashboard

irlam

Inactive User
Reaction score
Saw This on xbox-sky Thought id post it here.

Reading the posts it works on PAL

WARNING: IF YOU USE THIS FILE YOU CANNOT CONNECT TO LIVE UNTIL THE 19th!!!!

So here it is NXE dashboard version 7356

to install simply unrar the file. then place the $systemupdate folder on the root of a thumbdrive or cd-r and then update your 360!

I think I'll hold off aswell, things like this are IMO asking for a banning.

i heard they stopped the hd mp4 conversions playback in this update? does any one know for sure as think i'll hang on a bit as well then if they have :)

I gave this a go.
Have a couple of spare 360's that were given to me when they had red lighted.
I had fixed them, but I don't mind if they break again :)
Anyway, the new dash seems "babyish" to me, maybe because I'm an old fart, but when it launched for real, I'm looking forward to playing games from hard drive and possibly chatting with more than 1 other person like now in private chat.

i wouldnt want u too m8 unless u have it on already

OK.
Well this console aint been used in ages and I am not using it with my hard drive containing my live account. I have a memory card in that i use for tasting new games before they launch.
I guess we will need to wait till the 19th to find out exactly what this update will and will not do.

Can this be installed on any 360, ie. not only hacked machines?

If so then I think I'll just go ahead and upgrade, I can't see MS banning people for being eager to test something which is essentially free anyway.

OK.
Well this console aint been used in ages and I am not using it with my hard drive containing my live account. I have a memory card in that i use for tasting new games before they launch.
I guess we will need to wait till the 19th to find out exactly what this update will and will not do.

you can copy games to hard drive m8, so i read. the game still needs to be in the drive tho, but it wont be long b4 they mod the firmware to catch up? :)

maybe a sneaky response to the Wii being softmoddable now

Can this be installed on any 360, ie. not only hacked machines?

If so then I think I'll just go ahead and upgrade, I can't see MS banning people for being eager to test something which is essentially free anyway.

I wouldn't install this on a legit console m8.
This is for the beta guys I believe, and that would mean you wouldn't be able to connect to live with it until the 19th.
Now, when the times comes I hope the official update will either verify or replace this 1 I have loaded, but if it dosen't, I won't be too upset.
When in the new dash, if you select to setup your avatar for instance, it needs to connect to live to download the available data, and even if it would permit me to do this, I don't think it is worth the risk, as I would need to use my legit live account.

I gave this a go.
Have a couple of spare 360's that were given to me when they had red lighted.
I had fixed them, but I don't mind if they break again :)
Anyway, the new dash seems "babyish" to me, maybe because I'm an old fart, but when it launched for real, I'm looking forward to playing games from hard drive and possibly chatting with more than 1 other person like now in private chat.

sorry m8 i missed this one.

you could download a small hd mkv and run it through Gotsent then try it on ur 360. i think it needs to go online for an update , so probs a bad idea for u. plus the update wont let you go online untill the 19th, apparently

A HD .mkv file after being transcoded by GOTSENT is no longer a HD .mkv, it's something compatible with the 360, which .mkv is not.

who said it was lol

after he's run it though it will be a mp4

No one :)

...but some people seem to think that the 360 and PS3 are capable of playing all sorts of weird and wonderfull codecs.

Got this from another source.

just to confirm this works perfect on a pal region xbox 360 just installed on my second 360 so its not on live its a much faster os but be warned that the system will not be able to play any avi or movies from pen drievs etc as its asking for an update

Official previewers will have Live access it's just all the dodgy geezers who don't.

There's nothing worse than downloading a movie only to find that the 360 won't play it, thankfully it rarely happens to me but when it does I could scream. :)

I'd like to see the Divx bugs ironed out (as above) and HD codecs added :)

Yer same here mate, I've never gotten Div3 to play either.

Back