Xbox 360 help Please

Cressi

Inactive User
Reaction score
My lad ( 7 ) wants an xbox as all his mates now got one.

Trouble is I know nothing about them. Last console I had was a snes......................

Probably going to look at getting a 360 second hand.

Been reading thru the 377 pages on the xbox forum and it's information overload.

Anyone able to give me a quick run down?

What do I need to be wary of? How can I tell if it has been banned from Live? Am I right in thinking he can still play original disks even if banned but a modded box and a copied game will get him banned for life? is it the console that's banned or his username? ive is used to play against others online and his mates online? Live costs about £30 per year?

Sorry as you can see I'm not up to speed with this.

Thanks

Cressi

The ban will affect the console itself, so it will not be usable over xbox live. You will still be able to game on the console, just not online. Also, you can shop around and find an xbox live subscription cheaper than the £30 you quoted (try cdkeys or rakuten).

I bought him a 360 from CeX about a year ago, then when his friend got an Xbox one
I had to get him one as well.

Make sure he’ll be happy with the 360 before you get it and don't fall in the same trap that I did

How can I tell if it has been banned from Live

only way is to ask the seller first

Console bans stay with the console, regardless of owner. Microsoft recommends only buying consoles from authorised Xbox 360 retailers.

you will all so get banned if you play backup games on line

johnny bravo is selling one on here m8 , be quick and get that one

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/con...-adverts-562/425502-xbox-360-elite-120gb.html

How can I tell if it has been banned from Live

only way is to ask the seller first

Console bans stay with the console, regardless of owner. Microsoft recommends only buying consoles from authorised Xbox 360 retailers.

you will all so get banned if you play backup games on line

johnny bravo is selling one on here m8 , be quick and get that one

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/con...-adverts-562/425502-xbox-360-elite-120gb.html

sorry guys i sold mine the other day ....i still have the ck3 pro kit for modding reading keys..is it worth anything ?

Back