xbox 360 flashing red in botton corner....

bigf

Inactive User
Reaction score
my xbox 360 is flashing red in the bottom corner of the eject button one is flashing, its saying contact custermer support on screen its error e66 anybody got any clues? thanx frankie

This is exactly what mine did before I got the dreaded 3 red lights of death. Have your games been freezing?

error 66 mismatched firmware

E65: DVD Drive Error.... DVD Timeout, Wrong firmware, dvd is without f/w chip, etc.

E66: dvd firmware mismatch .... the firmware on the drive doesnt match what the mobo is expecting

E67: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

E68: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

E69: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

E74: AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable

You have a old flash fw on the drive that need updating or you have changed the drive and it does not match the original drive that was fitted and would need spoofing
I just guess you just have a old fw to be updated

If I were you I would reflash firmware to the original firmware and then update to Xtreme 5.2.....

Don't just flash to the latest firmware without going back to the original as it will only cause more problems ;)

right took it to kid last night who reflashed it i got it home and now its saying cannot update and not letting me play games its not connected to xbox live dont bother with it, this happened when i gopt new games just after i put one in he said that the update is on the game and thats why it went off and started flashing red old firmware so any clues how i can get this update? thanx all

can you play any games at all ??
or is it just online ??

had one the other day cured it by formatting hard drive something alters and your profile wont work anymore ,format harddrive or memory card and try again

with a new profile

Back